Wii fit plus other games?

Options
Well I dusted off my Wii Fit plus tonight as I haven't really used it since I got it 2 years ago.

I have to say after trying the boxing, Step, Step Adv, Free step, running I thought it was all pretty rubbish. I struggled to get my HR above 100!!

Is there other games out their that can be used with the balance board. Has anyone got the risers for the balance board and is there a better step workout? Would like to use it on the nights I can't go out!

Would love to get some recomendations!

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• shyblondie_21
    Options
    I like doing the wii active. I only have the first one. I got my heart rate up and I lost about 10lbs with the 30 day challenge they have on there.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like the obstacle course- it really gets my heart rate up and it's fun trying to beat my previous score! My board came with the Biggest Loser challenge game- they have a workout plan on it for you- those are pretty tough to do- you have weigh-ins and challenges each week, plus they encourage you to log your calories for the day, etc.
  • adougherty10
    Options
    My daughter & I like Just Dance 2. It doesn't use the balance board but it's something that fun - I think laughing at yourself while burning calories is a great bonus :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I've been using Just Dance 1&2, Zumba and now EA Sports Active (which is really kicking my butt).

P.S. If you get Just Dance 2, you can join my challenge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241032-just-dance-2-technic-scores-challenge-4

I post new scores each week, it's just a bit of fun but hopefully gets people moving!

LouiseXXX
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had Wii Fit Plus for a while, and just got EA Sports Active 2. I haven't used it that much yet, but so far Sports Active seems to be a lot more challenging than the Wii Fit. But I'm not in very good shape, so it doesn't really take much to make me sweat :lol:
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I also have the Wii Fit Plus.
    I don't do it every day, since I also have a membership to our local rec center, that has an indoor/outdoor pool..an indoor track...a cardio room...and a free weights & resistance machine area.

I think my favorite game, by far, is the Gold's Gym Dance Workout!
    It has cardio boxing, Latin dancing, hip-hop dancing, and some mini games like jungle canoe, double dutch, kangaroo boxing, and a few others.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump