New Moms - Losing to Be the Best Example

Options
Hi all! I'm a new mom with a beautiful little girl. Now that she's arrived, I want to ensure I'm being the best example for her as she grows and becomes her own little person. I'm here to lose the baby weight, and then some, and primarily establish healthy habits for my family. Any takers to join in for support and conversation?

Replies

• Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 yr old son and i'm losing my weight to set a good example to him. I gained 100 lbs when i was pregnant with him. I've lost 9.2 lbs so far. Looking to get back at 160 lbs like i was before i got pregnant with him.
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me in however I am not a mom yet, however we are trying.
  • confe1
    confe1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. I think it's great that you are establishing new habits that will benefit both you and your family. I too need to establish that and wish I would have done so when my daughter was younger...but it's never too late :)
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Count me in, too. My baby boy will be 8 weeks on Friday and I go back to work on Tuesday :'( I could use some help staying motivated and accountable-- I used MFP before I got pregnant and lost ~20 lb so I know it works if I'm consistent!
  • kpoulos7707
    kpoulos7707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BTW my name is Kyra :) I just realized I didn't properly introduce myself!
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I'm also trying to lose the baby weight. I've been going good for 38 days. Extra motivation is always welcomed for me! Good luck!
  • kpoulos7707
    Options
    Keep up the great work! For everyone, what are your WL goals?
  • officemonique
    Options
    I have a 2year old beautiful daughter o gained 70lbs when i was pregnant. I lost 40lbs before she turned one, but its been hard getting rid of the rest plus some. Me and my husband just moved to a new city i have no friends or family here. It has been stressful and i put on 12lbs since being here. Im ready to make a change not only for me but my family
  • kpoulos7707
    Options
    We also kits moved with our baby, no fire da or family here. It's definitely hard!

I've lost 19 lbs since the baby was born, and have about 35 to go to get to my long-term goal weight. The scale is movng in the right direction!

I feel like I'm most successful when I track, pack my lunch, and cook dinner at home. What makes you feel most in control of your WL?
  • maryfree3
    Options
    I'm in! I have a 9 week old and a 3 year old. I have 13 lbs to go until lm at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I would like to loose another 20 after that. So around 35 lbs total. I've been trying South Beach but just feel I don't get enough verity especially while breastfeeding. So I'm shifting over to tracking - I need more fruit and good carbs to keep me going :) my first big goals are to get to the gym 3 days a week and to get to my pre-preg weight in the next 6 weeks!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My 3-year-old daughter is one of my main motivators for two reasons. One, she is really fast! So I need to be able to keep up with her :) Second, I want her to grow up knowing what healthy looks like. Healthy food, healthy fun. I'm on here all the time so FR if you like!
  • swanxxsong
    Options
    I would love to join you all! I am a mama to a 3 year old and a 7 week old. :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You can invite me! I have a 2 year old and a 2 week old, so I'm not actively working to lose weight other than what falls off from BFing until I get the green light to work out.
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be part of this as well! I just had my 3rd child on the 18th. Her name is Addison and she is 3 weeks old. I am itching to get back to exercise and get back in shape. I didn't gain much during pregnancy BUT I was overweight before so I have lots to lose :blush: My name is Tatyana btw!
  • sheree74
    sheree74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sounds like we're all going through about the same struggles. My name is Sheree, I have a 7week old boy and have been home since having him. Back in 2011 I had gotten up to my heaviest -290 my now husband and I set our minds to shedding the weight we both had put on since being together, I lost 63 pounds up to our wedding and then 10 more by summer 2013 but gained 20 back right before I got pregnant and then 40 more while I was pregnant. Right before I gave birth I was 279 and today I am 259. My ultimate goal is 150 but I'd like to lose 50 by the end of 2015. Please friend me if you'd like to bounce good vibes and support off of each other, trying to do this alone is hard!! No reason to do it by yourself if you don't need to!
  • sheree74
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a new mom with a beautiful little girl. Now that she's arrived, I want to ensure I'm being the best example for her as she grows and becomes her own little person. I'm here to lose the baby weight, and then some, and primarily establish healthy habits for my family. Any takers to join in for support and conversation?

Looking forward to hearing more from you! I definitely understand making good examples for the little one and the rest of the family. 90% of the adults in my family are overweight and have always shown the example that its OK to be heavy and eat til you're stuffed and I don't want to set that same example for my son.
  • sheree74
    Options
    It's been a week and a half, how's everyone doing?
  • treas18bailey
    treas18bailey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my little girl is 13months and I have a 10yr old step-daughter, I am trying to loose my pregnancy weight plus I was overweight before. My main motivation is to set a good example for my girls and get healthy and teach them what a healthy lifestyle is so they dont go through the same battles I have regarding my weight all my life. Would love some friends on the same journey as me to share support
  • arialb122
    arialb122 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Aria, and I have a 5 month old and a 2 year old. I am currently 15lbs away from pre-preggo weight, but would like to lose an additional 20lbs. I'd love more friends for this journey!
  • sheree74
    Options
    Hi there, my little girl is 13months and I have a 10yr old step-daughter, I am trying to loose my pregnancy weight plus I was overweight before. My main motivation is to set a good example for my girls and get healthy and teach them what a healthy lifestyle is so they dont go through the same battles I have regarding my weight all my life. Would love some friends on the same journey as me to share support

I am right there with you, I have had weight problems since I was 10, when I was 11 my parents put me on weight watchers and I lost 27 pounds, but it was easy back then because they were making my meals for me. I'm 20 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, my son just turned 2 months yesterday, I want him to be proud of me and not go down the same paths I did. My weight gain didn't get too out of control until my husband and I had first moved in together when we were dating back in 09, I put on almost 90 lbs in just over a year.