This New(er) Mom's Progress (pics)

Options
I joined MFP last May to help me lose my baby weight (had my beautiful little girl last April). I worked out 5 days a week and between May and August I lost 22lbs (although nursing helped QUITE a bit). I stopped nursing around the end of January and gained back roughly 11lbs of what I had lost (I'm telling ya, nursing is the best weight loss plan! lol). Decided to get on track again! Started this second journey a month ago, began watching what I eat, paying attention to macros, and upping my workouts. Here is my progress so far!

Height: 5'10 (med/small frame)

Starting - March 1:
Weight: 147lbs
Waist: 31in
Belly: 36.75 in
Hips: 38.75 in

Progress - April 1:
Weight: 138.9lbs
Waist: 29.25 in
Belly: 34.75 in
Hips: 37.75 in

2fra3iuw2piq.jpg

Not a ton, but a start (and pretty good for a month)! I'm just about to my goal weight, now I need to focus on toning my loose mommy skin and working on those darn love handles!! :smile:

Replies

• brittanymora88
    brittanymora88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    good job! i just signed up on here after gaining 11 weening pounds too :p
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • MomLuvsHockey39
    MomLuvsHockey39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It feels good to be back on track B)

@brittanymora88 weaning pounds are the worst because they make you realize how many calories you were burning doing essentially nothing and suddenly you now have to do something lol but they do come off if you put the work in! Good luck!!
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It feels good to be back on track B)

@brittanymora88 weaning pounds are the worst because they make you realize how many calories you were burning doing essentially nothing and suddenly you now have to do something lol but they do come off if you put the work in! Good luck!!

Glad to know I'm not alone :smiley: I had worked really hard and was 2 lbs away from goal weight. Then I stopped breastfeeding and between November and February I gained 13 lbs!! 6 of that has come off, but it is hard.

You're doing a great job - keep it up :smile:
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done lass :-)
  • laconsentida408
    laconsentida408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    great job, go sharks!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wish I had never stopped breastfeeding. I should have just pumped and sold it online!

So, I am trying to lose 8kg of weaning weight. 4kg down so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!