i need help staying motivated

Options
Need to stay motivated

Replies

• wayne0788
    wayne0788 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey what works for me is developing your goal. not just lame assed I wanna lose weight buy getting a WHY a heart felt reason. Say it to you send 10 times in the morning out load and drive it into your brain that your gonna do it. Meal Prep works awesome too.
  • Krissy2083
    Options
    I like that Wayne! I'm a child and family therapist, and that is one of my tools I use in similar situations... I never thought about applying that to weight, and definitely not for me! Thanks!!!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    efpandn wrote: »
    Need to stay motivated

Me too :) Maybe we could motivate each other.
    Add me if you want
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If its exercise you need motivation for- Think about it, you can bite the bullet and go to the gym for an hour, feel proud of yourself and lose weight or you can you spend 24 feeling bad that you didn't go and if you are like me, maybe even overeat because "You screwed up your day anyways, might as well eat bad food and start again tomorrow". That is like dropping your cell phone on the floor and saying, well, I already dropped it so I might as well stomp on it a few times...
    If its with food-I don't know what your eating but most of our food addictions are for high sugar and high carb foods and if we just ate better we would stop craving them as much. I am a sugar addict and these past few weeks I cut down on sugary snacks almost completely and I have 0 craving for them now. The first few days suck but if you can just stick with it, I promise you it will get easier.
  • efpandn
    efpandn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the encouragement and support from everyone it is helping me so much .Thank you all please continue keep it going as we all do this together.
  • jaksnes60
    jaksnes60 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im posting here so i can try to motivate myself to get started. What worked in the oast was to set a goal even if it's a small one each day. At this point I'm almost 100 pounds overweight. I feel discouraged to even get started! One day one goal and build from there is what I'm going to do. Today I will do 25 squats. This will then be a goal I keep for the rest of the week. Tomorrow I will add one more, and the next day etc. The next goal could be something like, I'll plan two healthy dinners and two healthy lunches. I'm getting out of bed right now and doing the squats. If I don't do them now I'll het distracted and pretty soon wont even remember that I set that goal!!!
  • jaksnes60
    Options
    And my heart felt reason is that I can feel proud of doing something about my health rather than feeling guilty that I didnt.
  • jaksnes60
    Options
    Really? It took all of three minutes to do 25 squats! And I've been putting that off because I dont have.time? Thats just too sadly funny! Im sure 25 squats are pretty easy for many of you but it was a good challenge for me. Tomorrow it will be easier to do 25 and the next day easier and easier. MOST IMPORTANTLY I STARTED. I can start EACH day.
  • ebru85
    ebru85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Make yourself a timeline, book yourself for a fun run, where you know you have to train for that event by that time. Join a group sport, rather than a gym, that way you need to make an effort to go to that you don't let others down, letting yourself down is one thing but most people feel uncomfortable to do it to others. Also, drop the excuses! That's what I'm going to do now! No more excuses