What's the highest amount of weight you can lose is 8-9 days

Options
Helloooo! :happy: I was absent from MFP (and it's magical food diary) for a couple of days but now I'm BACK, BABY! :laugh:
Anyway, I have a question. What's the highest/most weight you can lose in 8-9 days? I'm love to be at least somewhere in the 8st section (which means I'd have to lose 2 pounds or so) but I'm in doubt that I'll be able to do it before Christmas. :ohwell:
It doesn't bother me that much, but it'd be lovely to spend that day with peace of mind.

Thanks. :wink:

Replies

• Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Helloooo! :happy: I was absent from MFP (and it's magical food diary) for a couple of days but now I'm BACK, BABY! :laugh:
    Anyway, I have a question. What's the highest/most weight you can lose in 8-9 days? I'm love to be at least somewhere in the 8st section (which means I'd have to lose 2 pounds or so) but I'm in doubt that I'll be able to do it before Christmas. :ohwell:
    It doesn't bother me that much, but it'd be lovely to spend that day with peace of mind.

Thanks. :wink:
  • jenniferb
    Options
    They say " who ever the hell they are" that its possible to lose 2-3 pounds a week but its really really not recomended. Its pretty bad for you. But My plan is to lose 1 pound a week and there's two weeks until x mas so drink a lot of water, flush that fat baby!!!!! oh and don't weight with the water... its a real downer.... good luck you can do it.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It depends on how heavy you are to begin with.

When I weighed 200 lbs, I could drop 4-5 pounds in a week - while still eating more than 1200 cals/day.

But, if you only weigh 130, it's going to be a lot harder to lose the 2 or 3 lbs you're looking at.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It depends, really. It's possible to lose 14+lbs in a single day under certain controlled conditions, and it isn't actually unhealthy (case in point: long distance swimmers who cross the English channel tend to gain 14-16 lbs of body fat before the event to be used as fuel after their glycogen stores have been exhausted, which all gets burnt by the end of the day).

For the average person, I'd say you should be able to lose 2 lbs in 8 days pretty easily, just step up the workouts enough to burn an extra 7000 calories between now and then. That's 7 1000 calorie workouts, which should be pretty easy to do on a bike or with aerobics.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Looking at your ticker, guestimating that you are 127lbs, I think it would be tough to lose more than a pound or 1.5lbs in 8-9 days. Just my guess. The less you weigh, the harder it is to lose whole pounds quickly.
  • tiangelah
    Options
    If you carry a lot of water weight it is easy to lose it in 8-9 days if you do a colon cleanser. You will be shocked what is in you. I did a colon cleanser last night and I am already 2 lbs lighter. But remember you will be on the bathroom
  • jenniferb
    Options
    Oh and i totally forgot!!! Go to your local walmart and in the fitness section there are great 10 minute workout. I do the 10 minute Pilates and love love love love love it. Its great because I'm a new mom and it is just long enough for me to say i did something without actually leaving my son for a long time. It comes with everything you need to do it and let me tell you.... it will make you feel amazing. Even the pilates for flexibility will seriously make you feel like a million bucks. And the girl on the tape is really awsome she tells you how to do the easier exercise and then make them more challenging instead of the other way around. It has 5 workouts of 10 minutes and they all rock!!! I give it two thumbs up because of how good it makes you feel!!!!
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Thank you so much, guys! :happy: