Arm Flab Be Gone

Options
I'm doing a push-up challenge this month to help tone up my arms for my wedding in 7 months! Anyone else interested in joining me? http://www.creatingasweetlife.com/arm-flab-be-gone/

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    honestly, you would be better to eat in a deficit and get on a heavy lifting program that hits your whole body. Something like strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc...

you really cannot spot reduce/target....

good luck and congrats on the wedding...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    honestly, you would be better to eat in a deficit and get on a heavy lifting program that hits your whole body. Something like strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc...

QFT
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Thanks, not really looking to loose weight or work my whole body though. I do cardio 5 days a week and work in lifting twice a week. As mentioned, I'm just looking to tone up my arms a bit and a push-up challenge is one fun way to do that and get other people involved.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Thanks, not really looking to loose weight or work my whole body though. I do cardio 5 days a week and work in lifting twice a week. As mentioned, I'm just looking to tone up my arms a bit and a push-up challenge is one fun way to do that and get other people involved.

The point is: what you're doing won't effectively do what you want. What he suggested almost definitely will.
  • ndj1979
    Options

that's not how it works ....

• TiffanyJole
    TiffanyJole Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really like this 10 minute arm circut by Popsugar, after doing it a few times, in addition to my running/waking routine, I can def notice a difference. Check out the video:

popsugar.com/fitness/10-Minute-Arm-Workout-Video-22959099

Good luck girl! :D
  • sweetiepie31612
    Options
    I really like this 10 minute arm circut by Popsugar, after doing it a few times, in addition to my running/waking routine, I can def notice a difference. Check out the video:

popsugar.com/fitness/10-Minute-Arm-Workout-Video-22959099

Good luck girl! :D

Awesome...thank you!

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    onehundredpushups.com - try it!

I'm on week 5 day 3... (Took me 11 days to get past week 5 day 2).

• sweetiepie31612
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    onehundredpushups.com - try it!

I'm on week 5 day 3... (Took me 11 days to get past week 5 day 2).

I will definitely take a look. Thanks!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Some people get shoulder injuries doing daily pushup challenges. Most personal trainer recommend giving muscles a day of rest after working them hard.

If you're following a good, full-body strength program (hopefully you are), adding pushups is overkill.
    Besides, arm flab is body fat, and exercises don't target fat from one spot.. they just enlarge the muscle layer under it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

that's not how it works ....

She's not listening..... she just wants push up friends i think :/
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Some people get shoulder injuries doing daily pushup challenges. Most personal trainer recommend giving muscles a day of rest after working them hard.

If you're following a good, full-body strength program (hopefully you are), adding pushups is overkill.
    Besides, arm flab is body fat, and exercises don't target fat from one spot.. they just enlarge the muscle layer under it.

apparently, OP is not interested in that. She just wants 20 inch guns for wedding day ...