SO embarassing

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
So, I have this issue, and I KNOW i'm not alone!! If you say I am, you're LYING people hahaha :D

Anyways, I'm not hungry per se. I ate breakfast, a morning snack, lunch & a light afternoon snack. It's 4:10. I don't feel like I need to eat, and I don't have hunger pains. HOWEVER, my stomach is churning something fierce. Let's just put it bluntly shall we. My stomach doesn't growl, it farts. Yes, you heard that right. My STOMACH FARTS! I swear. My "growl" sounds more like a long-lasting blowhorn fart that I'm trying to muffle. WTF gastrointestinal tract, why are you so hell bent on mortifying me!?

It's funny when I'm alone and I listen to it. I often laugh at it. It's NOT so funny when I'm with a teacher, parent or principal and it happens. LOL

Anyone else have weird sounding stomach growls?

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're right, it sometimes sounds like that, haha!
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Yes, for me its from milk, leading to my discovery that I am a little lactose intolerant!
  • daigal
    daigal Posts: 3
    Options
    lol. I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's probably air. Avoid chewing gum, and make sure you're eating your meals at the right times. Hope this helps!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I am not the only one who's stomach does this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It starts with a high pitched "Eeeeeeeeee...." then a loud, deep "BONNNGGGGGGGGGG!!"
  • LaMaMiK77
    LaMaMiK77 Posts: 82
    Options
    omg :laugh:
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine always picks the moment in a meeting when nobody is speaking :D
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    The worst - This ALWAYS happens to me when I am on the treadmill. elliptical, or some other exercise equipment at the gym.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't have the stomach thing but my throat makes funny noises. It's especially annoying when a guy goes in for a kiss and my throat decides to gurgle. It has scared more than one person because when it is really bad it sounds like the noise from The Grudge.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yes! My stomach is so loud when I'm hungry that people have laughed at me in business meetings than ran through normal meal times.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I saw something recently on Dr. Oz about stomach noises, etc. You might want to do some research on Doctoroz.com because I think that could be an indicator of something going on. Or perhaps you can ask your own doctor?
  • Thick80
    Thick80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone. My stomach farts too. And, to top it off, I have a two year old that exclaims "oooooh, you farted!" every time it does.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I don't have the stomach thing but my throat makes funny noises. It's especially annoying when a guy goes in for a kiss and my throat decides to gurgle. It has scared more than one person because when it is really bad it sounds like the noise from The Grudge.
    LOL!! :laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

LOL
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Danielle... mine does that sometimes too, and it has happened in the kiss scenario too....LMAO!!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    OMG Cucumbers have me like this in the worse way!
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Happens when I have milk, milk shakes or any type of ice cream, frozen yogurt. Dairy makes music in my belly & it is NOT pretty music! LMAO
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mine soundslike a creeky door, it used to scare my ex-boyfriend in high school. Over the years it has subsided but once in a while my husband giggles at me during the night saying it sounds like someone was coming into the room.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

LOL That's hysterical! (I'm not laughing at your humiliation, just your comparison to The Grudge!)....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No offense taken! Glad I could make some of you laugh! :laugh: