Small gift ideas for a healthy lifestyle

Options
A friend's birthday is soon. Originally I was going to make her a very special cake, but now I'm thinking to do a gift basket of little things to support her healthy lifestyle.

I am looking for ideas of little things you love that help you in your lifestyle/diet/journey.

So far I am thinking:

Fruit-infuser water bottle
Sugarless gum
Single portions of snacks I know she likes (skinny pop, fruit, etc.)
Maybe a magnet with a positive message for her filing cabinet at work

She has a fitbit, likes to walk, and is a very busy mom.

TIA for your help! :)

Replies

• JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Any non-food gift I would have said. Some nice body wash or lotion.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yummy smelling hand sanitizers, I've given folks cutsie nail clippers too, nail file, organic/low cal chocolates, essential oils or bath salts, a little bear (I'm 36 and still love those!), oh and those facial masks they sell at Wal-Mart that are like $1.50 each but with lots of different choices of smells.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    and also, if she's a busy Mom and needs a break sometime, I know some folks think it's lame, but like a self made certificate saying you'll babysit and she can have a night out?
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If she has the fitbit flex you could get her a cute band for it, there are a lot of different designs. Not sure about the other models.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well, I hate the idea of getting a healthy lifestyle gift for my birthday even if I were actively interested in being healthier. I feel it carries some indirect judgement, even if it's well-meant. If you know her really well and know it's the sort of thing she would love then go for it.

I would just buy her something she would enjoy. A GC to the spa or to a fabulous new vegetarian restaurant. Or a great book/movie. Etc. Unless she's asked specifically for gifts that fit into her healthy lifestyle, in which case:
    - a water bottle with the built-in filter (feels more practical than the fruit infusers)
    - a quality yoga mat (if she doesn't own one)
    - a workout DVD that you absolutely adore
    - a cookbook you think is fantastic (assuming she cooks)

I would avoid the food/gum. She can do her own shopping.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Beer. And tons of it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would be ecstatic to receive nut butters, canned fish/meat (sardines, mackerel, salmon, tuna, liver pate), fresh fruit, cheese, ham, a bag of grains like polenta or tapioka, various seeds, some honey or maple syrup, dried fruit, or a box of root vegetables.

More mainstream - tea, chocolate, shower gel. But that's boring o:)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    :) I think what you are doing is great...its personal. It means you care enough to know who she really is and what she really likes and how she really lives. kudos to you for being such a great friend!
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My gifts are usually in mason jars with ribbons and they are:
    -Homemade jam (super easy in my bread maker)
    -Almond meal (from the pulp I dry in my dehydrator when I make almond milk. I make it once a week so I have TONS of almond meal everywhere!)
    -overnight oats- layer oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, and coconut sugar in the jar. They just add water and heat
    -dried fruit and nut jar-in layers like those colorful sand jars
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Flowers!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not ready to eat food or candy. Maybe a dry bean or lentil soup mix or tea. I like cinnamon apple tea or peppermint.
    Lotion
    Cookbook
    Gift card for music or audio books.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Scotch. I want to change my answer to scotch.
  • elizabeth413watt
    elizabeth413watt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    On etsy there are some really cute bracelets for a fitbit flex. I just ordered one. I thought with summer coming up and not wearing long sleeves all the time a cute beaded band for my Fitbit flex would look nicer than the rubber one. If you just go on etsy.com and search fitbit flex. A bunch of unique bands in different prices come up. Good luck!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I liked the spa idea a mani or a pedi or a massage (while you watched the kids) a great pair of sox, a book or movie, shower gel or soap, special teas there are lots of choices.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I do know this is something she would appreciate - I would not go there otherwise. I would personally love some vodka ncboiler89!
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This is such a cute idea! Here are some things I thought of that you could include:

- Cute headbands or pony tail holders for her to use when she works out
    - A women's health or fitness magazine
    - A little notebook & pens she could use to track her goals and progress
    - Some new, cute socks. They even have some with motivational phrases
    - An arm band that holds her phone while she walks so she can listen to music
    - Sports headphones
    - An iTunes gift card so she can make a new workout playlist
    - Some small five pound weights or a jump rope
    - Dry shampoo and a mini-brush she could throw in her gym bag to freshen up
    - A cute band for her FitBit (ebay has them and they are not very expensive!)
    - Some sunglasses designed to stay on during sports/workouts
    - A gift card for a massage for when shes sore from a workout
    - Protein bars or protein powder
    - A new nail polish color and nail files
    - Lotion
    - A handmade letter or card encouraging her and sharing some of your favorite motivational quotes and then put it in an envelope that says "open when you are having a rough day"

Just some ideas I can think of. I think she will really appreciate that you are trying to help her stick to her goals with your gift! Such an awesome friend! Let us know how it turns out :)
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Also, a planner! Those things are a life saver! Especially since you said she is a busy mom. She could plan her meals, work outs, and keep all life events and her kids schedules in there as well! :)
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What great ideas! Will definitely use some of these as hostess gifts when I go visit my sisters this summer.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I would be happy with some beef jerky, box of quest bars/chips, maybe a cool book to log my exercises in, liquid chalk, funky sports bra
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I would be happy with some beef jerky, box of quest bars/chips, maybe a cool book to log my exercises in, liquid chalk, funky sports bra

Or cool leggings.