1/3 or 25 kg down, with photos

Options
kristofferbas
kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
Hi! My name is Kristoffer and I'm a 31 year old man and lives in Sweden. I was kind of big as a child, and got taller than most of my friends quite early. After being quite thin around when I was around 15-20 years old, I started to gain weight, and late last year I was up at 150 kg. Early this year I found the Runkeeper app for my iPhone, downloaded it, but then forgot about it. In february I remembered it again, and I have no Idea why, but I tried it out (cold february in Sweden with snow and ice everywhere). I walked about 3 km and I was really out of breath afterward, but somehow I liked it and I did try it again and again. Every couple of weeks I added 1,5 to 2 km to the route, and I also noticed that I could walk faster and faster. I'm now up to walking 10 km four times a week, and I have also added two days of swimming, and I'm also just started cycling about 10 km/30 minutes every day.

At the same time as I started exercising I also started eating healthier (and less, way less), and about two months ago I found MFP and it made the whole thing with food and calories way easier. I also started to read threads in these boards, and especially looking thru the success stories and at all the amazing stories and photos, and I couldn't wait to post one myself.

I work as a musician, and one of the really hard things is when I'm on the road, and trying to eat healthy and not drink too much alcohol (there's alot of alcohol on the road). I haven't been on any tour during my weight loss so far, but I'm going to the UK this saturday and will be there playing with my band for almost two weeks, and I know it will be hard, but I'll have my walking shoes with me, and my goal is to at least not gain any weight while away. I'm also pretty active on stage, so the gigs should be great exercise in themselves :)

I have gone from very tight 44 inch jeans to 42 (and I have to make new holes in my belt almost every week), and I have gone from 3XL t-shirts and sweaters to 2XL and XL. Shopping clothes have been a bad experience the last couple of years, but I had to buy some new ones last week, and I felt so good when I actually found jeans and shirts without having to ask the people that worked in the store if they had some in another room or something :) Now I can look good for the audience the next couple of weeks!

I also feel so good and I have no problem at all walking all the stairs up to my apartment (I live on the 3d floor) and I can play with my sisters three year old son without going out of breath too fast :)

This photo is from december last year, and I was about my heaviest at 150 kg (about 330 lbs):
33803_10150102578899120_634684119_7352443_7804204_n.jpg

And this is from this friday after buying some new smaller clothes :). Weighing about 125 kg (about 275 lbs).
Photo1.jpg

Replies

• turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Your doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir! I started at about the same weight: 333 lbs. No small feat dropping 25k. Congratulations!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job! It seems like you have a pretty solid plan to be all-around a healthier person- have fun on tour!
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    good job, congrats!
  • ToNiBeE99
    ToNiBeE99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
  • kristofferbas
    kristofferbas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than I thought it should be :) Can't wait to loose the next 25 kg.

/k
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just started on here and it's great to read inspirational stories like yours! Keep up the great work! I hope I do as well!
    6653957.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!