Hello everyone

Replies

• ashmarie529
    ashmarie529 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi =) What are some of your goals?
  • roninprincess84
    Options
    Hello, Well my ultimate goal is to lose 130 pounds, I want to eat better and try new exercises at the gym.
  • ashmarie529
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not even kidding, that's my ultimate goal as well! I'm down 22lbs since January 4th, so it's not going too bad :) I must admit though, I don't do the gym, which I probably should. I take two 10 minute walks a day and limit my calories. I started off pretty high at 1800, and did that for about a month, then I did two weeks at 1750, then dropped to 1680, just started 1650 today.
  • roninprincess84
    roninprincess84 Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am currently at 1570, I go to 24 hour fitness. This week is my first week going 2 days on, one upper and cardio and one lower and cardio then I took yesterday off and I'm going tonight and tomorrow to do it again. Its a good start anyway and I'm going to try to keep it up.
  • ashmarie529
    Options
    You are super ambitious :) If it becomes too much, don't feel bad about upping your calories a little bit. I think that the gradual reduction has really helped me because I didn't all of a sudden miss all of those extra calories, and it helped me learn the work around's to eat what I wanted and stay in my goal range. Have you heard of the chain method? Basically its just a calendar that you mark every day that you do what you planned to, it becomes a habit and after a while, you don't want to break the chain... I've been trying to implement it for a couple weeks, I'm sure eventually it'll stick.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are welcome to join my journey. I have had good days and bad, the scale has went down and up and down again. I had 150 to lose of which I am now 24lbs down. I joined the gym a few weeks ago and I am faithful at least twice a week. Really don't like exercising but I know it is a healthy thing to do. I now work hard at eating less than 1,500 calories a day and my concentration is on Calories, Sodium, and Sugar intake. I also have to work even harder on taking in enough daily fluids and especially water. There you have it, a quick run down. :)