obese and pregnant doctors orders!

Options
I've been instructed to keep weight gain at a minimum due to current weight and other things. Anybody in the same boat or trying to maintain fit while pregnant ie ..not eating for two mentality?

Replies

• mashulka
    mashulka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tasha ... with my first pregnancy I used the excuse of eating for 2 and gained 50 lbs. Didn't get back to my prepregnancy weight and carried an extra 20 lbs on me. When I got pregnant the second time, I did Weight Watchers throughout the whole pregnancy. I programmed it as "breastfeeding" for the extra points. My OB didn't have any issues. Food intake was approximately 1700 calories per day. I gained a total of 18lbs and walked a lot, did yoga. By the time little one was born, I weighed less than before I got pregnant and she weighed an ounce less than her brother. Healthy and happy. At the end of the day, you know what's right ... if you feel like eating, then eat but try to make conscious food choices. Hope this helps.
  • jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor for a recommended amount of calories you should be eating. Your baby will gain the nutrients it needs to grow through you eating enough for you. I'm not an expert, but with my pregnancy, I gained 7 lbs and my daughter was 7 lbs 12oz. I had horrible morning sickness through the whole thing and couldnt take the meds bc of my epilepsy. I was concerned that my daughter wouldn't gain the weight she needed to and my doctor explained to me that she was taking what nutrients she needed from me, regardless of how sick I was and came out perfectly healthy.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy in two years. my son will be 1 next week.... July 18th is my due date .. I gain 25lbs with him than lost it all in the first two weeks