AWESOME CHALLENGE GROUP LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Options
Jla408
Jla408 Posts: 1,830 Member
We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, April 6, Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 17 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2015. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, April 6thd. It will run for 6 weeks.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!! Examples of mini challenges include - steps/mileage tracking, earning exercise points toward charitable donations, meeting goals in a bingo style game, etc. We change these up every season. Some past challenges that may return include: running, abs, strength training, squats, zumba, etc.

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire 6 weeks of competition! Please note that participation will require you to be able to put some time in every week to check in with your team, keep up with board participation, and complete challenges. Access to the forums through the web, not an app, will be required.

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If we are interested, do we message you privately? or just post here ? :p
  • Jla408
    Options
    If we are interested, do we message you privately? or just post here ? :p

Either or, I will be checking this post until we fill up. If you want to message me though, that is fine as well.
  • Jla408
    Options
    We have space for probably around 30 give or take
  • Jla408
    Options
    bump
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I am interested if you can message me.
  • Jla408
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Awesome! Any questions I can help you with?
  • Staceven
    Staceven Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd be in on this. <3
  • ProphetessCece
    Options
    I would be interested in this challenge as well. :)
  • Jla408
    Options
    I have you two on the list
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would be super into this if you still have room!
  • Jla408
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Absolutely! I have you on the list. P.S. I love the profile pic
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    Hahah, thanks! I went through a series of different options, but none of them were fitting well into the MFP thumbnail. So Lapras it is! ;)
  • Jla408
    Options
    Yay Lapras!
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    Options
    My favourite Pokémon, plus, when it's shiny, my favourite colour!
    I may be an adult, but not gonna lie, nothing like a good old trek around the Pokémon world to forget about the stresses of school and paying rent! Now, if only all of that in-game walking could burn real-world calories, ahaha. ;)
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too, but I don't have a team! Will you assign people to teams? Thanks!
  • Jla408
    Options
    @LogicalDaydreamer I agree, I wish it worked that way.

@brttny7979 yes we will absolutely assign you
  • kickingpounds
    kickingpounds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am more than interested!!!
  • Jla408
    Options
    Awesome, I will add you to the list!
  • ramonkerri06
    ramonkerri06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jla408 wrote: »
    We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, April 6, Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 17 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2015. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, April 6thd. It will run for 6 weeks.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
    2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
    3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
    4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!! Examples of mini challenges include - steps/mileage tracking, earning exercise points toward charitable donations, meeting goals in a bingo style game, etc. We change these up every season. Some past challenges that may return include: running, abs, strength training, squats, zumba, etc.

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire 6 weeks of competition! Please note that participation will require you to be able to put some time in every week to check in with your team, keep up with board participation, and complete challenges. Access to the forums through the web, not an app, will be required.

• Hottieninaritai
    Hottieninaritai Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was looking to do a personal 6-week challenge starting Monday anyway, so this would be perfect. Of course, if there is still room to add one.

I'm kind of a lurker, but I'm on every day. I'd like to join, please.