Body weight exercises that impress you....

Options
13»

Replies

• LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Advanced yoga postures like peacock or firefly or iron cross headstand. They're not just physically intense, but you have to be so focused to achieve them!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    Frank Medrano...

My newest bodyweight hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvJHw64fxgQ

Omfg that's awesome!!!!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    All body weight exercises impress me because I hate them all
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is crazy strong, although he is not large. He does lots of bodyweight exercises, including handstand pushups and those pushups where you basically propel your whole body up off the ground, do a pike, then come back down.
    At the gym yesterday, I observed a woman doing walking lunges with a barbell (looked like about 50-60 lbs.) on her shoulders. When she came up from each lunge, she kicked her back leg out behind her before place it out in front. Great strength, control, and balance. I am still doing my walking lunges holding 12.5-lb. dumbbells in each hand; gotta start somewhere.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    When I can finally do unassisted pull ups I'm going to reward myself with a class to learn aerial silks because those people are strong and their skill is so beautiful too.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Anybody doing handstand pushups. I can OHP more than my bodyweight, but something about being inverted just baffles me.

Also a deep one-legged squat with the other leg out in front of you.

You mean a pistol squat?? I've been doing body weight workouts 4 times a week for 4 months and I'm still trying to do a proper pistol squat.