Help with belly fat

Options
At 5"4 and 136 to 138 lbs i have a big belly. I cant seem to get rid of it. I have been doing crunches and leg lifts and alll types of ab work outs. My eating habits are not real bad but not real good but I can not seem to not get my gut down. My waist is a 30 inch which looks real fat for my body. I am trying to see what to do to lose the inches on my waist. Need some help anyone. I do over 100 abs 4 days a week and run 2 miles 4 days a week also.

Replies

• tiangelah
    Options
    At 5"4 and 136 to 138 lbs i have a big belly. I cant seem to get rid of it. I have been doing crunches and leg lifts and alll types of ab work outs. My eating habits are not real bad but not real good but I can not seem to not get my gut down. My waist is a 30 inch which looks real fat for my body. I am trying to see what to do to lose the inches on my waist. Need some help anyone. I do over 100 abs 4 days a week and run 2 miles 4 days a week also.
  • jenniferb
    Options
    Go to your local walmart and in the fitness section there are great 10 minute workout. I do the 10 minute Pilates and love love love love love it.:love: Its great because I'm a new mom and it is just long enough for me to say i did something without actually leaving my son for a long time. It comes with everything you need to do it and let me tell you.... it will make you feel amazing. Even the pilates for flexibility will seriously make you feel like a million bucks. And the girl on the tape is really awsome she tells you how to do the easier exercise and then make them more challenging instead of the other way around. It has 5 workouts of 10 minutes and they all rock!!! I give it two thumbs up because of how good it makes you feel!!!! And the work outs for your stomach are awsome!!!!!! On of the workouts is just for abs and she makes you do some interesting things but man you feel it!!!!!!!!! :sad: it might help shink your tummy:happy:
  • LitlKoz
    LitlKoz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recently read that ab crunches won't help that situation. They said to do more cardio.
    See this article:
    http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100227986

I thought it was interesting. :happy:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The abs aren't going to burn your belly fat. Only weight loss will do that. So keep up the cardio.
    Walk more to burn extra calories without stimulating your appetite.

Quick fixes for your middle:
    1) Reduce salt intake - Some of your waistline could be bloat.
    2) Stand up straight! - Good posture slims the torso.
    3) If you smoke, quit! If you drink, cut back! - Nicotine and alcohol draw water to the internal organs. It is a way that the body protects itself from these poisons.
  • tiangelah
    Options
    thanks for the advice but I dont drink, nor smoke. I am a very healthy person and I have never had kids. Your advice seems to be the best so far. Do you any other advice. But i do have to admit i have a very high sweet intake. i guess I can lower that alot.
    Thanks for the help
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I hear that if you are stressed out your cortisol levels are high which adds belly fat. Someone in one of these forums just was told that from her Dr. I didn't hear what they had said to do about it. But I heard about Relacor and there is a supplement that works similar to Relecor that is cheaper. You might give them a try. I tried Relecor once but I wasn't dieting or working out then and I'm really terrible about remembering to take pills consitantly; so... I can't tell you if they work or not.

Hope this helps:happy:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I've been told cardio, cardio, cardio!

All my weight is in my tummy so I would love to be able to target that, but it doesn't work like that.

When you are doing crunches, you are strengthening the muscles under the fat. That might tighten it up a little, but won't get rid of the fat on top of your muscles. You need cardio for that and eatting well.

However, I really like Pilates as a way to target my middle. Give that a try, but keep your focus on your cardio and the fat will slowly get burned up!

:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    When I upped my cardio that is when the stomach started to shrink. I do a 3mi run/walk combo 3 days and a 2.5mi walk the other 2. I take the weekends off. I never do crunches but I do try to do a 20 min pilates dvd 2 days a week.
    The main thing is don't give up because it is a slow process when you don't have much to lose.
    And watch the sweet tooth. Sometimes we can eat more than we realize.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    cardio does work! I used to have belly fat and I lost it with cardio (daily). Now, I go spinning and it helps my thighs and my belly. So, go for cardio.