Any healthy snacking tips?

Options
All I want to eat are chips. Does anyone have any snack ideas that would be a healthy replacement?

Replies

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or pretzels.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fresh carrot sticks dipped in hummus. They are crunchy like chips and the hummus gives it some protein to fill you up :) or you could try 1/4 cup nuts. Also fresh fruit is always a good option, or a string cheese
  • ellysiavash
    ellysiavash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I'll try those :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    A smaller portion of chips, or the entire portion if that fits your calories. Because there's nothing wrong with eating chips if you are wanting to eat chips.

Like, are you gonna tell me that eating 250 grams of frozen blueberries is wrong if I had felt like eating blueberries all day?
  • smai91
    smai91 Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cheese string
    Apple slices + Peanut butter, PB2 or almond butter
    Greek yogurt
    Popcorn (Check out the 'Skinny Pop' brand)
    Hummus or Tzatziki + raw veggies (ie. cucumbers, baby carrots, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes)
    Tostito's Cantina Extra Thin Tortilla Chips (125 cals for 12 chips) + fresh homemade salsa
    Healthy smoothie or protein shake
    Sliced tomato + sprinkle of feta and olive oil
    Edamame
    Low Fat Frozen Yogurt
    Trail Mix (just watch your portions here)
    Kind bar or Clif Bar
    Cottage Cheese + fruit
    Turkey and Avocado Roll Ups
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Homemade Baked Zucchini Chips or Homemade Kale Chips

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    It might be worth going half and half with your snack - half a serving of the chips, half a serving of something more nutritious.

That's what I like to do when I really want something that has minimal nutritional value and I'm still hungry. Don't have a lot of calories to work with so half servings are my friends :)

~Lyssa
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like popchips - around 120 cals per serving
    Tonight I tried roasting chickpeas with sea salt & pepper (they get crunchy and contain protein) - 1/4 cup = 120 cals or you can buy different flavors The Good Bean brand
    I just found Jenny O Turkey sticks - each stick is only 20 calories and contains protein (Walmart in jerky section)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Almonds, baby carrots, baby tomatoes. Sometimes unsalted saltine crackers with some peanut butter
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
    Beef jerky
    cheese

I would need to eat something salty if I was craving chips.
  • mossylittleturtle
    mossylittleturtle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, grapes, apples & cucumber slices are my faves.
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use roasted chickpeas to short circuit my potato chip craving.

Preheat oven to 400. Drain a can of chickpeas and rinse well. spread in a single layer in a pan and roast for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Return to oven and cook until dry and crunchy (about another 40 minutes or so) shaking/stirring every 10-15 minutes to prevent sticking.

Keep in a covered container on the counter for 2-3 days. Serving size is about a 1/4 cup for 115 or so calories.
  • cleaver1
    cleaver1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you like eating chips you could try making your own with some low calorie frying spray and season them with black pepper. Try making them out of sweet potato and other root vegetables too.
  • Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was a chip fiend before I started this. There are some good replacements.
    *Pop chips, other lower calorie health chips, I like bbq and sour cream & onion
    *Saltines (or pita chips, I like Mediterranean herb) + pepperjack laughing cow wedge
    *Snap pea crisps in the flavor ranch and umm sea salt.
    *Those Mediterranean pita chips from townhouse I mentioned earlier. Delicious.
    *Popcorn. I like this Parmesan and herb popcorn I found.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    smai91 wrote: »
    Cheese string
    Apple slices + Peanut butter, PB2 or almond butter
    Greek yogurt
    Popcorn (Check out the 'Skinny Pop' brand)
    Hummus or Tzatziki + raw veggies (ie. cucumbers, baby carrots, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes)
    Tostito's Cantina Extra Thin Tortilla Chips (125 cals for 12 chips) + fresh homemade salsa
    Healthy smoothie or protein shake
    Sliced tomato + sprinkle of feta and olive oil
    Edamame
    Low Fat Frozen Yogurt
    Trail Mix (just watch your portions here)
    Kind bar or Clif Bar
    Cottage Cheese + fruit
    Turkey and Avocado Roll Ups
    Hard Boiled Egg
    Homemade Baked Zucchini Chips or Homemade Kale Chips

Oooh-yum! Thanks for the list!