Newbie :)

Options
Hello friends, My name is Brittany, and I am new to MFP. All my life I was a skinny chick weighing between 100-110 lbs but then at 17 I started working in food service and things went downhill from there. I am now 24 and weigh 140lbs (which to a girl who is use to being thin, is not good) and am not toned one bit. I started college 3 years ago and started eating fast food a lot more since I was a commuter and was too far away from home to stop by and grab something to eat. So for my new years resolution I gave up fast food and soda, and so far so good. But just giving it up wasn't enough, so last week I started zumba and doing some walking as well. It's tough working in a food service environment and also working long shifts everyday. I lack the confidence to give up all the good food that I looove to eat and also the motivation to continue to exercise. So all you MFP's feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get :)

Replies

• arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I work two part time jobs at food places so I feel your pain!!!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I work at a grocery store. I know what it's like being around food all day. I always end up buying something unhealthy like fried chicken, ribs, buffalo wings, etc. However, I stopped that recently. I don't know how long that will last but hopefully people on here will keep me motivated and away from that stuff.
  • Browneyedgirl1986
    Options
    Hello I just started MFP!!! I need to lose a good 50 pounds!! I just started the HCG diet today.. I have done it once before and lost almost 30 pounds!!
  • djj267
    djj267 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im new here to, find it great to track food and excercises.

great support network too

add me
  • annielarson
    annielarson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Your story is pretty much the same as mine, I joined yesterday! I'm going into my senior year of college and weigh 143. I used to have an awesome body at 115 lbs in high school and I totally took it for granted. I've slowly but surely put on the weight and am so busy with school and work that eating out is just easier! Since were both trying to loose a similar amount of weight you keep me on track and I'll keep you on track! Good luck! :)
  • Brittany526
    Options
    what are you doing for exercise Annie?