Hoping someone can see a difference

Options
megsta91
megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
I am down 20lbs as of yesterday.. I have yet for someone to notice, and although it's a little discouraging, I know it's still early considering I have another 60lbs to lose MINIMUM. So I was hoping somewhere here might be able to tell through a picture.
Collage%202015-04-02%2011_47_26_zps1sxlefoy.jpg

Replies

• jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can tell. Your waist looks smaller and tummy tighter. Well done! Sometimes people can tell but don't want to say anything in case it's awkward.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Congrats on having lost 20 pounds!

It takes a while for people to notice, and everyone loses weight differently. It looks like yours may be coming off your middle, but if it's coming off evenly from most everywhere, then you're going to take longer for people to see it.. And then they'll be shocked.

Just keep at it. You're doing great!
  • megsta91
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm anxious to see what the next 20lbs looks like.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice. Your waist looks great!
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your waist definitely looks smaller.
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your waist and your tummy both look smaller ..well done
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    in your face, legs, and your chest looks less like it's been shoved into your sports bra. Definitely can see differences.
  • NickGibson188
    Options
    looking great well done
  • joan4440
    joan4440 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, you're doing great.
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well Done. Keep going. When you lose another 20 you will get lots of compliments. It will be very noticeable.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I can tell - smaller upper stomach and chest - but I'm looking at the pictures side by side. It would be difficult for people who see you everyday to see a difference - it'll be the folks who haven't seen you in months who'll say something to you about your weight loss first. xx
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When I lost 20 I didn't hear anything which bummed me out but 20 lbs is 20 lbs and you feel the difference, now that I've lost 40 everyone makes a comment. Hang in there, within no time you will be explaining to everyone how you did it!!
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmm "YES"!!!! Looking great! Keep it up!
  • megsta91
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really needed those kind words!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    megsta91 wrote: »
    I am down 20lbs as of yesterday.. I have yet for someone to notice, and although it's a little discouraging, I know it's still early considering I have another 60lbs to lose MINIMUM. So I was hoping somewhere here might be able to tell through a picture.
    Collage%202015-04-02%2011_47_26_zps1sxlefoy.jpg

Oh heck yeah!
    I've heard that for folks my size (I started at abt 235) it takes about 20lbs for people who see you every day to notice. It's because they see you every day!

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the awesome!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    Congrats on having lost 20 pounds!

It takes a while for people to notice, and everyone loses weight differently. It looks like yours may be coming off your middle, but if it's coming off evenly from most everywhere, then you're going to take longer for people to see it.. And then they'll be shocked.

Just keep at it. You're doing great!

This. I lose weight fairly evenly (mostly midsection, slower in the thighs, etc) and I lost about 90 pounds before my dad looked at me one day when I was visiting and actually noticed.

And yes, there is certainly a difference there -- you look lovey overall! :D
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I can guarantee you that people are noticing... probably just afraid to say anything :-)

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I had to lose about 30 pounds for people who see me daily to notice a change. My husband started noticing right away but he knows I was trying to lose. I saw someone that I hadn't seen in a few months and they noticed it right away.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    In any case, yes I can definitely notice a difference- great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!