Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Don't eat too much.
  • Hue_Hercle
    Hue_Hercle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you are on a weekend, dont take a break from the diet or exercise. I sometimes find it difficult on the weekends because I know I can access food at anytime, so I keep myself busy. Just keep working hard! You got this!
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It has been tough for me too! If I know I'm going out for dinner I "try" to eat on the light side for breakfast and lunch and drink a lot of water. And true confession - if it seems like too much work to calculate ( like last nights hibachi dinner) - then I just don't log it
  • 505n8v
    505n8v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. Consistency is key. Eat the same as you would any other day. It's ok to indulge a little, (a treat) just fit it into your meal plan.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I m facing same problem... Last night I ate 3500 calories ... More than my 3 days allowance..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What difference does the weekend make? Are you on some kind of deprivation Monday to Friday? Stop it and don't binge. You can easily adjust calories so you have more to eat Saturday and Sunday if you wish to, but you still are monitoring your overall calorie intake against your burn
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Don't eat above your maintenance levels. You can "take a break" by not creating a deficit, but don't eat above maintenance.

If you're eating within your calories, but very differently, then the weight gain is likely just water retention. In which case, don't worry about it.

And seconding this: Don't eat so little during the week that you go crazy on the weekend, if that's something you're doing.

Pre-log if possible, or log as you go. Don't eat all day and try to log it all at night, and get some surprise number. (That won't go well.) If you know you're ordering pizza tonight, start logging it, and see what you can fit in. Then eat that.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As then pointed out above, then why is the weekend different? More info please.
  • shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Be more active on weekends. I have the same issues so I signed my kids up for a sat class at the ymca. So while they are in class I workout. This was the first sat we did this worked out pretty good.
  • KTWands88
    Options
    I too find the weekend different from weekdays. For me, during the week is so structured as I am a teacher and any food I have during the day is dictated to by the bells and is the same day in and day out.

I try to keep to the same times for eating, and the same types of foods. My body has become so accustomed to having a healthy snack mid morning that I find myself craving food around 10.30.

Again, because I am so active throughout the week, at weekends it's so easy to want to take it easy but I do try to just go for a walk, maybe have a wander around the shops and keep myself busy and normally out the house, that way I don't head for the fridge or cupboard for thoughtless munching.

One thing I have learned is that if you are feeling hungry or want to have the foods that are seen to be "unhealthy" like pizza, then have some, just a small amount and join it with some nice salad to fill you up without taking you over the calories.

Hope this helps. X
  • shreyashiganguly
    shreyashiganguly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I followed the advice on many of you. Created a more gradual calorie deficit. And I have also increased the level of physical activity.
    Since I practise clean eating and was eating out only on the weekends I was essentially retaining water. I have modified that to a certain extent too.
    Thank you all for your active words and support.