53 yrs old and would love support

Options
I am 53 and need to lose about 25 lbs. ( without paying WW again). would love some people around my age for mutual support.

Replies

• JustJessieE78
    JustJessieE78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica, 37 and have about 60 to lose, so good on you for your 25!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, recently lost 35 with 10 to go. Happy to support as I'm entering "maintenance" mode or I should say lifestyle change. Add me.. Good luck!
  • sonyawhitehead
    sonyawhitehead Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a bit older than the two of you. I'm 62 and have lost 21 pounds since January. I'm feeling great and getting serious about training for a ten day backpacking trip in the mountains of New Mexico this July. I am going with a group of high school aged Scouts that I have to be able to keep up with. Since this is my twelfth trip I like to think that they have to keep up with me! LOL I'm here for any encouragement and support that you need.

"Never hope for more than you are willing to work for."
  • Preciouspony21
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm Justine and 43 yrs old. My goal is to lose about 45 more pounds, but I'll be really happy with 30. I would love some support from people around my age who can relate to how things change after 40. Good luck to all of you!
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mary. I'm 52 and I've lost 10 pounds so far in the last few months. They're coming off slowly but steadily. I usually keep up with logging the food I eat and work out info. Checking my progress in Reports encourages me. Don't give up! You can do it!
  • uptoyoufitness
    uptoyoufitness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary. I'm 51 and began my journey over three years ago when my last parent passed. Figure it was now time to be my own caregiver! I've hit the gym 3-4 times every week since then and have reshaped my body. It wasn't until this past January that I figured out I had a problem with portions and I began using MFP. I've dropped almost 20 lbs since January and feel great. I have made this a lifestyle change and am happy with slow and steady. I have mostly great days eating-wise but do fall off the wagon now and then. I don't beat myself up about it, realize it will slow me down in terms of my weight loss goals, and I get right back on the right path! You gotta enjoy once in a while!

We can do this and I know you'll have no problem letting those scouts try and keep up with you! Hike on!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am 53 and need to lose about 25 lbs. ( without paying WW again). would love some people around my age for mutual support.

Hi Mary, here is a link to the Fifty Plus (or so) Support Group. Great bunch of folks, if you care to check it out.

Another group that has been growing quickly is: Over 50 Group, which is also very supportive.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary, I'm 47 and regained 20 lbs in the past year. Just a couple of weeks ago, I discovered I am post menopausal. I have a preliminary goal of 25 lbs, to get me down to the healthy range, and then a "wish goal" of 10 more to put me in the middle of the range. I just started HRT, which seems to be causing some weight fluctuations. I would love to find friends that can commiserate with the challenges of this stage of life.
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you don't hear much from me, it's because I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site. Having problems with my email account isn't helping.