Green teas or oolong teas!

Options
I have a habbit of having milk teas or milk coffees 3-4 times a day, i wana substitue it with green tea, but the taste of green tea makes me wana puke :/

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Roger that
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Don't drink green tea then?

Simple.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    May I suggest not drinking something that makes you puke

Try your standard tea or coffee without milk for a few days for a while if you like ...or just count your milk

Teas have no magic properties ...consider them as hot water flavouring and go for what you like
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Drink black tea!
    I also have a lemon green which is very tasty and I'm not a big green fan either!
  • TheGetFitGal
    TheGetFitGal Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    May I suggest not drinking something that makes you puke

Try your standard tea or coffee without milk for a few days for a while if you like ...or just count your milk

Teas have no magic properties ...consider them as hot water flavouring and go for what you like

agree
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I have a habbit of having milk teas or milk coffees 3-4 times a day, i wana substitue it with green tea, but the taste of green tea makes me wana puke :/

If you want the benefits of green tea without the taste, look for spiced or chai green tea. Or mix it with another spiced tea.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't care for plain green tea either, it actually gives me heartburn & tastes horrible. I found a Pomegranate Berry green tea however that is delish :)
  • texasbrit83
    texasbrit83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im british and a confessed tea fanatic, Ive been addicted to Tazo Passion tea, its zero calories and has a great fruity taste.
  • TheGetFitGal
    Options
    I just tried green tea with a small spoon ofhoney, big improvement on the taste! I think a drop of honey wont hurt
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Probably not but include the honey in your calorie count, otherwise you are just lying to yourself. Be accountable.
  • TheGetFitGal
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    Probably not but include the honey in your calorie count, otherwise you are just lying to yourself. Be accountable.
    yup 20 calories for 1 spoon of honey, accounted for ;)

• lttlefethr
    Options
    I would like to see some studies that show green tea promotes weight loss because it is so popular for it ..even in Japan they say it helps keep them slender.
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Personally I love mixing and experimenting with different teas. I get loose leaf tea from teavanna and mix them and find what I like. If you go to their website, you can select a tea you like and it'll tell you what others it pairs well with.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Why not try a bluebery slimlife detox tea. I do not like oolong and greentea I am getting used too. You can make it weaker. Adding milk though with your tea kind of defeats any nutritional purpose of drinking tea thogh when adding milk n sugar it takes away the benefits. I learned to take tea without anything and now cannot take a sweet tea!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I drank the green tea pomegranate and the green tea chai before I got burnt out. Now I drink English Breakfast tea in the morning with two tablespoons of cashew milk, Earl Grey for that after lunch sleepiness, and herbal teas the rest of the day.

Though I tried drinking coffee black, I couldn't take it. I switched from the full fat creamer to the sugar free/fat free variety and that works fine. Certain coffees, mostly dark roasts, hurt my stomach, and the English Breakfast tea has to have milk or it bothers me, too.

Try herbal teas! I've had a good time experimenting with teas. My favorite is Tazo Organic Baked Cinnamon Apple. :smiley:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Don't drink green tea then?

Simple.

This
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't drink something you don't like, but if you want to give some a go I'm personally a fan of jasmine green tea.

And I looooove puar, but it's a dark tea.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Do you just like tea and that's why you want a substitute?

There is no one green tea. They are not all the same. If you tried different types and brands, maybe you would find one you like. Loose green teas are much better than most bagged teas. Of course, I find that's true of most teas.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just don't drink it?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I just picked this up today and you must try it.

http://steepster.com/teas/the-exotic-teapot/17069-1000-day-flower-blooming-tea