Has Anyone Else

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
Reviewed their Diary and realized that they have NOT changed their Lifestyle around food, they have just reduced their calorie intake!

I realized this; I have made some changes but I need to really make more if I am to reach My Wellness goals.

Replies

• TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I pretty much eat everything I always have, I have just cut back. However, I do need to eat way more fruits and vegetables than I normally do. So, like you, I really have not changed a lot of my eating habits. I do need to make a lot better choices.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I realized that a few weeks ago. I wasn't really eating any healthier, just less of the crap I ate before. So now I'm working on eating healthier and slowly cutting out the bad stuff. I've noticed it's harder to hit my calorie goal though because I'm not hungry enough to get full on all the healthy food I'd have to eat.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree I am the same. But I find this way it doesn't feel like a diet and I am still loosing... just need to make the healthier choices!!
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    I was JUST thinking this. I am sitting here bored and work and was looking through my diary. I eat really good for a few days, but it never really lasts for more than a few days. I need to get HEALTIER with my food choices.
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    I eat pretty much all the same stuff except my junk food snacks have become a little healthier. I decrease portions and try adjust the way I make it to be a little healthier. So I don't put as much cheese on things as I used to ....or I certain things i will bake instead of deep frying. Some times the food you are making is healthy but the method you use is not!
  • EDesq
    Options
    I have made some changes:
    (1) Reduced My calories
    (2) Incorporated an Exercise Routine
    (3) Substantially Reduced My Sodium Intake (Was always over 3000mg NOW almost always under 2400mg)
    (4) Don't eat deli type meats and cheeses, packaged cold cuts (eat only reduced sodium turkey breast and cheese)
    (5) I drink more CLEAR water (6-10 cups daily)

Good changes but the major ones to come are testing Me: (1) Give up all WHEAT Products, (2) Give up Coffee and Caffeine.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. as someone said above I have eliminated alot of the junk. I have gotten rid of some bad habits. Sometimes I eat much better but when times are busy I could do alot better. What helps is that my husband started to get on board and after I started to lose he has started to exercise and become more aware of eating healthier. So I think there is alot of room to improve and I am going to need some as I get closer to my goal weight. Lately I realize I have stopped eating later snacks. I didn't even try to do this. It was just a natural thing. Lately I just don't seem to want things I did before. I hope my remaining problem areas will happen so naturally but I am not counting on it.
  • EDesq
    Options
    Yes and no. as someone said above I have eliminated alot of the junk. I have gotten rid of some bad habits. Sometimes I eat much better but when times are busy I could do alot better. What helps is that my husband started to get on board and after I started to lose he has started to exercise and become more aware of eating healthier. So I think there is alot of room to improve and I am going to need some as I get closer to my goal weight. Lately I realize I have stopped eating later snacks. I didn't even try to do this. It was just a natural thing. Lately I just don't seem to want things I did before. I hope my remaining problem areas will happen so naturally but I am not counting on it.

Maybe it is about changing little things and eventually we will have the strength to change some big things, and some others will be naturally eliminated.
  • happychix
    happychix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think a person should make one lifestyle change at a time, if for right now that change is portion control, thats great. Making better choices will come in time.
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i've done a little of both... I eat some 'junk' food still, but also a lot more fruits and vegi's than I used to. Before I started here on mfp there were days when I had NO vegi's at all! I also drink a LOT more water in a day. I do get more excersise than I used to, but I don't usually log it since it's mostly just walking or playing on the wii.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have also done a little of both. I can tell that I am eating a lot heathier food, better quality, less fast food, less processed food. I am also improving the amount of some things, too.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Slightly. Im definitely eating better because, while pregnant, I was craving fast food :x I definitely need to eat more veggies but other than that, I'm doing very well and haven't had fast food in.... I don't remember when I last had it post partum :)