Firming skin and cellulites

Options
Hi there, this might seem a funny questions but here it goes never the less,

I lost 9 kg, 19 pounds, and im noticing that my skin is losing some firmness, and cellulites is getting more visible.

I was wondering other than exercise, because i still cannot do exercise because of the diet, does anyone know about or can refer a good sliming or firming cream ?

thanks!

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    'Slimming creams' are snake oil, don't waste your money.

But can you explain why you can't do exercise because of your diet?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    'Slimming creams' are snake oil, don't waste your money.

But can you explain why you can't do exercise because of your diet?

^^ yeah, this. How does a diet prevent you exercising. Usually the two go hand in hand...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    creams don't work...but exercising does - especially strength training...tone your body and the cellulite will mostly disappear :smile:

and I want to know too why does your diet mean no exercise, seems odd :neutral:
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    From what I've read cellulite is caused by poor circulation to the area. No massage/cream/treatment has been shown to work, however everything points to a consistently healthy diet and exercises that can increase blood flow to the area (walking/running/swimming). Some sites also suggest...Umm...loose underwear. They tend to go the minimal route like thongs, but I'm a pettipants kind of woman.

Also know that there seems to be a strong genetic factor so while the root cause may never go away you can change your environment!
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read that making sure you drink enough can help the appearance of cellulite, but other than that I think exercise, strength training in particlar, is definitely your best bet.

There's some suggestion that massaging helps, which is why some people get small results with creams, as it increases blood flow. But no where near as much as exercise does.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It takes up to 2 years for your skin to rebound as much as it's going to and one of the stages of weight loss for many is what looks like less firm skin

No cream can help..it's luck, genetics and time

May I ask why you can't exercise? A decent musculature underneath can help minimise the issue for some
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are you able to try an exercise like yoga or Pilates? You mentioned you cannot exercise due to diet, but I'm curious why that is? Are you on a severe calorie restriction?

I would forgo the creams. Other than some temporary skin sensations of tightening, it's not a permanent thing or likely to work (although secretly I wish I could photoshop my legs in the real world).
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It takes up to 2 years for your skin to rebound as much as it's going to and one of the stages of weight loss for many is what looks like less firm skin

No cream can help..it's luck, genetics and time

May I ask why you can't exercise? A decent musculature underneath can help minimise the issue for some

Up to TWO years?? Wow....if that is true for most people, it provides a little hope and would explain why, after a year, I'm still waiting for a couple of areas to tighten back up....not much to tighten, but hearing this two-year thing makes me think going back to original might be possible! :) Glad I read that!
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do about it right now except losing the fat, preferably with a healthy calorie deficit and exercise. I personally notice when I start to lose body that, that my subcutaneous fat starts to feel squishier in some areas as it starts to disappear. For me, this is normal and a very good sign of progress. I also notice that I can see the fat loss in smaller, bonier areas first, then later I can see the loss around my thighs, butt and stomach. Again, totally normal. The cellulite can look a bit worse sometimes as the process is happening, but it's a small price to pay. Eventually I know when I get lean and more muscular (because of the weight lifting I'm doing), the appearance of cellulite will tremendously improve.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do try to moisturize, but just with a regular body moisturizer… Massage it in. Hoping it helps with skin elasticity more than cellulite, but it could help with both... Though, I agree with the other posters who stated that exercise may help also…
  • camschuckie
    camschuckie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In order to firm up your skin you need to take care of it from the inside and out. Increase your vitamin c and zinc intake. Drink plenty of water which is good for hydrating the skin and you have to excerise focusing on building the muscle in those spots. Then on the outside avoid harsh soaps that can dry out the skin. Use lotions that have collagen and exfoliate periodically to help with the skin turn around. And avoid things that can dry out the skin like to much time in the sun. Always uses a sunblock and take a shower after swimming because chlorine can dry out the skin. The main point of this is take care of your skin and keep it hydrated in order to get optimal skin elasticity.
  • Bsabido83
    Options
    hi!! thanks formall replies!! let me see if i can cover it all.

my diet is a restriction diet right now, based on protien and vegetavle only, no sugar what so ever. not even from fruit. at least for now.

im being followed by a certified doctor its a step by step process basically, and im doing blood work regularly, its hard to explain in detail but has to do aith the liver and thyroid.

Now as per the doctor, and i have noticed i feel weaker because my body is used to carb in take. so i cant start working out just yet, another 4 to 5 weeks i should be allowed to do so, now thats the main reason why ^^ i have been doing walks day in and out but only 5000 .... cause i get really tired, exausted just from that!

i wanted something just to give and extra bost regarding the skin it self and in a way "minimize" damage lets say, so that when i start working out it wouldent feel nor so baggy nor so dry, the moisturizer is and option as skin needs nutrition in order to regenerate.

i dont belive creams are miracolous, nor i belive in quick fixes regarding diet or weigth loss cause ive been a yoyo almost all my life ^^

i may try then yoga pr pilates they actually seem like a pretty good ideia.
    im lucky i dont have streech marks it self so im good.

thank you all for your comemts, they have been insigthfull :) and also for the suggestions as well

lots of love
    Barbara