Hoping someone can see a difference

Options

Replies

• GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference! :) Great job so far!
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    First, let me say that I can see a difference, and you look great!

I agree with what others are saying - when you are losing evenly (which it looks like you are) it is hard for others to see, especially those that see you every day. I also think that many people feel bad bringing up weight loss unless it is drastically different (don't want to come off as implying you looked horrible before).

I am down almost 25 lbs and have had only two mention they could see it. However, I am down two dress sizes, so I know it isn't in my head :) Pay attention to how YOU feel - the compliments will come soon!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference. I've found with about 20lb loss people tend to second guess if they see something or not, so rather than be rude they keep quiet. For me people seemed to keep quiet until I lost a lot of weight (about 50lbs), but then it was so obvious I think people didn't want to say something in case it seemed dumb for them just to say something. It took going on vacation and coming back before people seemed to feel comfortable with mentioning it.

New clothes also can make a huge difference by showing off how much you've changed. Great work and best of luck on your journey!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I see you've lost some in your chest and midsection. I imagine you may have also lost in your arms and legs, but it's hard to tell from the pics you posted.

What's important is that YOU notice. I'm a pretty small person, so even 5 pounds is something I notice on myself. However, I don't think most people notice my weight fluctuations much at all. I appreciate the fact that the people who don't mention my weight loss also don't mention my weight gains. :)
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I really need to invest in new clothes because all of mine make me look like a box. but I'm so cheap, lol second hand shops are calling my name.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Unless you tell people that you are trying to lose weight, they likely won't say anything. I am sure you probably aren't wearing the same fitted thing you are in these pictures every day, so they can't see your form. You DEFINITELY look different! Way to go!
  • Tens_girl75
    Tens_girl75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 20 pounds, not one of my friends noticed. I finally got so frustrated I brought it up and then they said something. Unfortunately I gained it all back plus some.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's definitely noticeable, you are shrinking without a doubt - are you wearing different clothes? Sometimes the same baggy clothes that hid our fat also hide our fat loss :)
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yup....I see the difference....especially in the waist/tummy area. You are blessed with awesome boobs and carry your weight evenly. I think you'd look great at any weight but you are going to be so hot when you reach your goal. Well done!
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    congrats! and don't get discouraged when people do notice and say they see your face looks thinner :/
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ummm...ya! You are so lucky you are losing evenly around your whole body! I've lost some weight but can't tell from the front, only when I take profile pictures. You should try all angles, front, back, and profile. It's so much fun seeing change. Imagine another 20 or so pounds!

Keep it up. Whenever you get discouraged, just look at thos pictures. They will get you right back on track :)
  • rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    STFU! I just posted a thread in the motivation section for the same thing. You look great girly, you can see a difference for sure. I'm sharing your feelings though, I'm near 30 lbs down and no one has really said anything to me if they have noticed. Even wearing new clothes that fit me better, no one has said a thing.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can absolutely tell. Good job so far! Keep it up.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!! I can tell in your waist and also what i can see of your legs in these pics. I carry a lot of weight in my legs, so I can appreciate that :wink:
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I can notice the difference. Its a small difference, but its there, and noticeable. you look slimmer just about all over.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had 80 pounds gone before people started to say something, besides family members that knew for sure I was losing weight.
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Totally noticeable!! Your midsection looks flatter and more defined. Great work. Keep it up you are so worth it.
  • megsta91
    Options
    Yup....I see the difference....especially in the waist/tummy area. You are blessed with awesome boobs and carry your weight evenly. I think you'd look great at any weight but you are going to be so hot when you reach your goal. Well done!

Bahaha thank you!!! I'm hoping these puppies go down a lot but we shall see.
  • megsta91
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »
    You're doing great!! I can tell in your waist and also what i can see of your legs in these pics. I carry a lot of weight in my legs, so I can appreciate that :wink:

My measurements tell me I've only lost an inch on my thighs, but hey, I'll take it! They have definitley smoothed out from walking more though. Thank you!!
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I can totally see it in your thinner waist! You look great! I totally feel your pain - I am eager for more people to notice my weight loss but so far only a couple of people have mentioned it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!