which plan to follow ! help

Options
mhanispeedy
mhanispeedy Posts: 50 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hi ,
i was on this site BB.com , which will be the best to follow i want to loose 30-40lbs
my age is 19 , and weigh : 230 lbs
please help!

just need a workout plan
thanks

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The one where you eat less and move more. Go get it!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Use the calculator to find out what you should be eating at, stay under calories,get some exercise. We're all different litte snowflakes. :grin:
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    hi ,
    i was on this site BB.com , which will be the best to follow i want to loose 30-40lbs
    my age is 19 , and weigh : 230 lbs
    please help!

Enter your profile into MFP. Eat to the calorie goal set by it and adjust goal as necessary.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    follow the plan that that embraces CICO as it is the one true path.
  • mhanispeedy
    Options
    I need a just workout plan else everything is fine ,
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I need a just workout plan else everything is fine ,

Your OP is very vague to that. Sorry
  • mhanispeedy
    Options
    I weigh : 240lbs
    Height : 5'11
    Nutrition : pretty much know what to eat
    Goal : 190-200lbs

I just need a good workout plan as I am doing just cardio , do I need to put strength training too? Confused so much
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have bits and pieces of the puzzle but have not put them all together yet.

This is a great read and lays out all the essentials for you.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just find something you like to do.

Cardio is the optimal way to lose weight, but you'll lose muscle mass if you don't keep up at least some strength training. Plus, more muscle mass = more calories burned at rest.

Also, your post is very vague, so I'd say to do cardio 3x a week strength 2x a week, rest on the 7th. Or just do both cardio and strength 2x a week, and rest twice a week.

So far as strength goes, focus on compound exercises for now (squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, rows, etc) and variations of them. This will help you target multiple muscle groups in one exercise for a shorter time in the gym. Can't really say anything about weight/reps without knowing if you have any strength goals down the line.

Cardio is your own choice. You like to run? Run. You like swimming? Go swim. You like kick boxing? Go kick boxing (or find a tae bo video or whatever). You like zumba? Go do zumba. You get the point. Long as you keep moving, your fine.