Strange Exercise question

Options
Okay it is a strange question but can working out cause hemorrhoids? A friend of mine and I were talking about it the other day but I don't know the answer. I thought maybe someone here would know. Thanks!

Replies

• splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't think so...Try googling//
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I am no doctor, but I don’t think exercise by itself causes hemorrhoids but it could inflame it if you already have hemorrhoids. Meaning, exercise won’t give you hemorrhoids but if you happen to have it (from another reason), exercise could cause it to hurt more during that time.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    Ya that's a good idea. I can't say I have ever had the problem all I know is that pregnancy can cause it.
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    might be wrong, but cycling long distances may cause it as you are sitting on the hard surface.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Actually.. exercising (the lower body mostly) can irritate hemorrhoids due to excess pressure being exerted in that direction... I'm not exactly sure about causing them, but I have seen a picture/video of a man pretty much blowing out his colon due to very strenuous weight (he was a competition lifter, if was a very very heavy squat press, something like 650+ lbs.).. Hernia is a different story.. be very careful while heavy lifting!!