Body Shaming

Options
2»

Replies

• KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    People on the internet called me manly. I feel bad for them. Must suck to hold such terrible thoughts on how others look and to be concerned enough about another's appearance to bother commenting.

Really?! If you look manly, then *kitten*, sign me up! :drinker:
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Honey, you look gorgeous. You should only be proud of your success and pls don't total strangers ruin your day. Let them be green with envy!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    "It is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not." - Kurt Cobain

Basically: you worry about you and let them worry about themselves. Don't seek approval about the way you look from a bunch of strangers. If you think you look good and you're happy with your healthy lifestyle (at least I hope it is healthy) then stick with it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

s9w3k7zbqj8d.jpg
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You should be proud of what you have accomplished. They are immature and envious. It has nothing to do with you. It is all about them, so don't take it to heart. Keep it up! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    someone on the internet was mean to you?? that's unbelievable. usually people on the internet are so level headed, and not strongly opinionated or anything.
  • Cimmkar
    Cimmkar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ignore them. They are simply idiots. Keepvdoing what your doing and dont listen to them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    LETTING it affect you is what they want. Essentially it's their "power" over you. When you respond with defense, anger, sadness, etc., they're getting their kicks.
    The thing is even IF they approved, how would that change your life? Would you be more financially secure? Or make you better at your job? Enhance your current relationship?

Probably not. So really, why does it matter what others think of you? There will always be supporters and detractors. That's just the way it is. YOU choose whether or not to let it affect you. And IMO, you shouldn't.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If someone is being hurtful, report them. MFP does not want bullies on their platform. Also, here in the US online bullying is a criminal offense. Be assertive and protect yourself, your friends, and MFP.
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    like i told a new person the other day stay away from forums... esp when you are new and dont have a profile filled out yet... they chastised this poor woman for everything....and lord forbid if you ask a question when you are new and have a question that has been asked a zillion times.. yet they re rude to the person cause the dont know about the search feature....
  • benjam2421
    benjam2421 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol if its because of that pic
    its 120% jealously