Replies

• PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    dbienz wrote: »
    PNW_livin wrote: »
    aam117 wrote: »
    I actually could do either Saturday or Sunday that weekend (28/29)

Same!

Sunday would work for me!

So I see Sunday's weather is supposed to be partly cloudy, 64 degrees. Sounds good. I will be driving back from Puyallup that day so a later day hike would be better for me. Maybe 2 or 3? I know it can get crowded but if we do the longer 7.2 mile hike (full Poo Poo Point hike, not Chirico Trail) there should be less people.
    aam117 wrote: »
    I actually could do either Saturday or Sunday that weekend (28/29)

Same!

Sunday would work for me!

So I see Sunday's weather is supposed to be partly cloudy, 64 degrees. Sounds good. I will be driving back from Puyallup that day so a later day hike would be better for me. Maybe 2 or 3? I know it can get crowded but if we do the longer 7.2 mile hike (full Poo Poo Point hike, not Chirico Trail) there should be less people.

@dbienz‌ I've only done the hike about 3 times, each started at the paraglyders landing spot, is that Chirico trail? Where does the full hike start?
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @dbienz‌ I've only done the hike about 3 times, each started at the paraglyders landing spot, is that Chirico trail? Where does the full hike start?

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/poo-poo-point
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    Prefect!
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :) I went from 63kg to 50kg in 15 weeks. I eat clean, train twice a day while managing to be a full time nursing student. I can motivate and help you! <3
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    Something came up for late Sunday. I'll be going earlier Sunday, around 9 am.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @dbienz‌ are you still planning on doing poo poo point tomorrow at 2 or 3? Anyone else planning on going in the afternoon? I see @PNW_livin isn't going to make it at that time and wasn’t sure if I would be the only one to show up. :)
  • PNW_livin
    Options
    Sorry @aam117‌ would have been fun to meet up.. Hope you aren't hiking out alone
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed out on the hike on Sunday. Did anyone go?
    To be honest, I didn't have a great eating week... umm the last TWO weeks. It's just been inconsistent - so I haven't been logging it in. But I've still been in the gym. Thankfully I still managed to lose some inch(es) and a couple pounds.

So when's the next hike???

Thanks @aam117 for letting me know about the gear, snacks, etc.
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ooh wow @aam117 @dbienz @PNW_livin I just looked at the link of Poo Poo Point and it looks so pretty! I'm excited!!!
  • dbienz
    Options
    I want to go! This weekend is Easter which may be difficult for me (Italian Catholic family :smile:) but the weekend after? Saturday the 11th?
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I may or may not be out of town that weekend. If not, I might be interested. I'm a bit concerned because I have been suffering from Plantar Fascitis. Didn't walk much at all during the holidays/January trying to let it heal. I have been walking about 5 miles a day most of March, so hoping a hike wouldn't create a set back.
  • aam117
    Options
    i can't do saturdays typically, but may be out of town that weekend anyway. i'll know hopefully today or tomorrow.
  • aam117
    Options
    so, i WILL be in town the 11/12th. would people be able to do a sunday hike that weekend?
  • LetMeGetUsername
    LetMeGetUsername Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I live in Granite Falls, WA, and would like to be added to your hiking list! I am available Sunday the 12th for a hike - doesn't matter how long it is. I have some favorite healthy restaurants in/around Seattle, but due to food sensitivies that give me eczema, I eat vegan and gluten free, so not sure if anybody wants to hear about those types of restaurants - haha.
  • dbienz
    Options
    I have my first half marathon on the 12th! But you should still get a group together to go, I'll just meet up for the next one :smiley:
  • aam117
    Options
    I could also do tomorrow, if anyone is interested. Random day off. :)
  • dbienz
    Options
    I can go tomorrow!
  • aam117
    edited April 2015
    Options
    it looks like the weather might even actually be decent for it tomorrow...@dbienz i'm in if you are! what time works for you? i am free all day
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    too late to join? Gig Harbor here!! PS-if anyone is up for a KILLER hike-Mailbox.....be prepared to have your quads burned off though
  • WilloughbyR72
    WilloughbyR72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Recent transplant from the Sunshine State living in Lynnwood. Starting my journey with small steps at the Lynnwood Community Center.