busch Tucker trial for charity

Options
Firstly I Apologise if i have posted this in the the wrong category.

The reason i'm posting this is because i know a lot of you guys know a lot about foods nutrition etc...

I'm doing a charity fundraiser on Sunday April 12th last year i raised £480 by getting waxed so this yea I've decided to do something a little different and eat a bush tucker type challenge.

So this includes eating bugs ( Lovely :neutral_face: ) Anyways i need your help so far i will be eating....

meal worms
locusts
crickets
wax worms
Morio worms

I was just wondering how edible these bugs are, are they safe to eat?? What is the best way to eat them?? I have looked online and done some research but would really like your opinions also any ideas of any other bugs i can eat

Thank you

Shaun Hall Hull

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've eaten crickets and witchety grubs. crickets were deep fried, with some spices on them, I had them in Thailand. Surprisingly tasty. The grubs I had steamed in the wood they lived in. Kinda gross, but hey - it was an experience. I also once ate a beetle on a dare, it was fried in cinnamon and sugar.

I don't know the last 2, but the first 3 you names are definitely safe to eat. I'd deep fry all of them.
  • shaunyhall87
    shaunyhall87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks Alatariel , im aware you can cook them fry them etc , these are Gonna be alive lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh sorry, you asked the best way to eat them! Then I'd say - eyes closed, mouth open, and as fast as possible!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Maybe contact someone from "Fear Factor" or Bear Grylls or Jeff Corwin...
  • shaunyhall87
    Options
    Ohhhhh sorry, you asked the best way to eat them! Then I'd say - eyes closed, mouth open, and as fast as possible!

I did I should of wrote that that differently but I like that advice lol

• shaunyhall87
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Maybe contact someone from "Fear Factor" or Bear Grylls or Jeff Corwin...

I was thinking that GIA but want sure how too x