losing weight to run faster

Options
Hi all I currently weigh 169 and would like to get to 135 to help me run faster as at my age it is the main way to run quicker any friends or help and motivation would be welcome.

Replies

• mdhowarth
    mdhowarth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lol currently weigh 160 not 169 typo
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I weighed 252 when I first started my running journey! I've lost 75 pounds.. About 35 of it from running! So kudos to you! My top: choose good running shoes.. Be your own competition! Good luck!
  • dtsbrown
    dtsbrown Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. Want to improve my times and have set to do a 10 mile race in the fall. You can do it small steps at a time. 135 goal what is your height?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal and want to improve my times in adventure racing. Just simple diet and exercise for the most part. I incorporated strength training (5x5) and maximize that caloric burn and drop weight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    pick up the book Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald. really helped me, and i've dropped 18 pounds in the last three months.
  • sherryruns262
    sherryruns262 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion to read Racing Weight. I dropped 20 pounds in the past year and significantly PR'd all of my races from 10K to marathon. Best thing is to eat clean (fresh foods, veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds and whole grains) and not try to lose all that weight while you are training for a race because it is hard to train properly if you are restricting calories.