Recently started heavy(ish) lifting..

Options
After over 2 years of strictly cardio to lose the baby weight from my twins, I'm pretty much at my final goal weight 115 which is the smallest I've been in many years (I'm 5'4"). I don't have a gym membership so I'm using at-home equipment to build my arms, legs & 6 pack. Nothing less than 20lbs for my arms...no light weights for me. I'd love to hear other ladies stories around the same weight class & see some success pics of body recomposition.

Replies

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I went from 113 to 99/100, then to 111.

Aesthetic Progress made so far --

BEFORE
    image1_1.jpg

Using an Upper/Lower Body Split and Bulking for roughly 9 months, then switching to PL for the last 4 months --

image2.jpgimage3.jpgimage2.jpgimage4.jpg
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I recomped, took about 2 years or so. Lost 30 pounds after my last baby through diet and cardio only, was left with cellulite galore even though I was a very thin 105 pounds. Started doing Crossfit and learning about lifting heavy, gained about 7 pounds in the process but much stronger and leaner, and cellulite mostly gone. My pics are about 1/2 way down this page.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1238509/women-54-5-5-with-results-pictures/p5

You're at a good starting point! I try not to lift anything under 20lbs when I am doing low reps so you're on the right track with that. You might want to also invest in an Oly bar and some weights so you can add heavier squats and deadlifts to the equation.

Here is another good thread about recomp.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1385256/advice-for-body-recomposition-ladies/p1
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »

BEFORE
    image1_1.jpg

Using an Upper/Lower Body Split and Bulking for roughly 9 months, then switching to PL for the last 4 months --

Nice work! Man I can't wait until I can get small enough to bulk. Did you do Strong Curves by chance? Can't help but notice..you know.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Fujiberry wrote: »

BEFORE
    image1_1.jpg

Nice work! Man I can't wait until I can get small enough to bulk. Did you do Strong Curves by chance? Can't help but notice..you know.

Thank you! :)

And nope, I did an Upper-Lower split and worked out 4x a week. I actually have pretty dormant glutes and hams compared to my quads. But my lower half only looks nice when I flex. Lol. They're not very impressive otherwise. :P
  • twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @kdiamond @fujiberry thank you for the pics. You both look amazing!! I'll have to look & see what an oly bar is. I have an old bench press rack but no squat rack so I have to be able to lift it up onto my shoulders safely & walk it across the floor where there's enough room. I'm sure I won't be doing any super heavy squats for that reason but 50-75 lbs is better than 20lbs I feel. I hope I end up looking half as good as you two do!