Beginner fitness?

Options
Hi! This post is going to be a mess my thoughts are all over place so yeah lol. A year ago me and two friends joined the gym. It's hard for the three of us to schedule to go. Some weeks we'll go 3 or 4 times and some weeks we won't go at all. I want to just go to the gym by myself if my friends can't make it but I'm super nervous about going to the gym alone even though I know tons of people go alone.
I also want to know of any good exercise/fitness tips for those who go to the gym??? When my friends and I go to the gym we just use the treadmill then the elliptical and after that some basic arm exercises. I want to lose weight in my stomach and thighs and I know doing what we are doing isn't helping. Does anyone have any tips??
It's also really hard for me to stay motivated. Most of the time I just want to lay in bed and do nothing even though it would be a perfect time to go to the gym. It's a pain to force myself to go but once I do I feel great. I just want to start going more frequently and actually know what I'm doing.

Replies

• beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You could definitely lose weight by doing the things you are already doing combined with a good diet. You won't be able to spot reduce your stomach /thighs but can lose weight overall which could lead to those results. Try logging your food for a bit to get a sense of how much you are eating. Creating a deficit =weight loss.
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ^^try to be consistent with your workouts. Maybe add a full body work out as well instead or just arms if possible
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i'll have to look up a full body work out. I'm also going to try prepping my meals instead of buying junk food at my work lol thank you!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce. your body will lose where it wants to lose.

just go. do whatever you like and push yourself to go longer, go harder, and do more each time.

i go by myself 98% of the time. seems like most of the people at my gym go by themselves.
  • AmyPetite
    Options
    I always go alone but never use the machines, I do the classes, most of them are a lot of fun.
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! I'm looking to add people for motivation! Last night at the gym I ran two miles which was great but it made me want to do other exercises like jumping jacks and full body exercises any recommendations?