Off Track and Stuck

Options
I began my weight loss journey weighing 340 pounds. In a year and a half, I lost 116 pounds. In September, I had knee surgery. I lost 8 pounds over the 3-day period I was in the hospital, bringing my weight down to 216. My sister came into town to take care of me for a week, but she didn't like my food choices. She went to the grocery store and bought a boatload of crap into my house. I decided not to fight her on it and just get back on my regular food plan after she left. Well, I could never get back on it and now I'm back up to 260. I'm desperate to jump start my diet again, but I just can't seem to figure out how. I would appreciate any feedback that might snap me back into reality.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Go shopping for the foods you used to eat. (go back in your diary to look for what you were eating in July and August. ) :)
    Throw away the foods in the kitchen that are not working for you.
    Also, clean off some counter space and refrigerator space so you have the room that you need to prepare your foods.
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Go shopping for the foods you used to eat. (go back in your diary to look for what you were eating in July and August. ) :)
    Throw away the foods in the kitchen that are not working for you.
    Also, clean off some counter space and refrigerator space so you have the room that you need to prepare your foods.

I agree with this! Also, find a workout you like or would like to to! Fun exercises are much easier to stick with than workouts you dread doing. :)
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positive! You may have slid back a bit, but you are still down 80 lb from the start!
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sometimes all it takes is one step. Find one of the no-nos in your kitchen and throw it out. Just chuck it. That is a start. Keep that mindset your muscle memory will kick in. Looking at your profile, you know exactly what needs to be done.

In the wise words of Yoda, "There is no try; only do."

Cheers!
  • opalsthird
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the great advice. I cleaned out all the bad food last night and am looking at today as the first step in the rest of my journey.