80 pounds to lose but I love CAKE lol All Support Welcome

Options
noresweetz
noresweetz Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
:) starting this journey with a positive attitude. It's definitely hard and it's only my second day. I am starting to realize if you take it one day at a time than it is a lot easier than looking at it from the months and years it may take to reach your goal. Seeking more positive people to help motivate me. Good luck to everyone.

So I have to edit. I realize I didn't put anything about myself. Lol. My name is Gabriela. I'm 27. And I've gained weight steadily through the years. I used to be a size 6 and now I'm a size 18. A plus size woman is something I never thought myself as but I am. I am not trying to be a size 6 but I wouldn't mind a 10 or 8. Lol. I just want to be healthy. I tend to fall off the wagon and I really want to stick with this and continue to do so for the rest of my life. :smile:

Replies

• farhinajannat
    farhinajannat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Best of luck :)
  • noresweetz
    Options
    Thanks.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ugh. People are RIDICULOUS with cake. Here's a synopsis of my cake battle for the day: "Another monthly staff meeting + another birthday = another day in the hot seat defending myself for not having cake. I honest to god am not even a cake fan, and I used to have some to be polite, but I shouldn't have to fight so hard. I say no thanks, I get passed a plate. I say it again, I get a napkin. The third time, I get a fork. Seriously..." There is one lady who sticks up for me, but she was out today.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ha. Sorry. So much for being positive. But hey! I lost 18 lbs since the end of January, and if I can do it, anyone can! It just takes small adjustments as you go along and learn what your needs are and how to meet them with the restrictions you have to work with.
  • noresweetz
    Options
    LMAO! I love that and I completely understand. Why do you have to explain yourself for not wanting to eat? People drive me crazy with that. They look at you like something is wrong with you or like you said you get asked a million questions. When I turn down food, my friends responses are " you can't starve yourself" and I'm like I'm not starving myself IM NOT HUNGRY!!!! Lol
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can do it...like you said, "One day at a time".
  • noresweetz
    Options
    And great job. Keep up the good work!!
  • TammyMB69
    TammyMB69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great job every pound down is somthing to cheer for.
  • noresweetz
    Options
    Thanks all I'm down 40 pounds already. You guys are the best.