Knee problems... :(

Options
when I was training for a 10k Last month I tried to go faster on the tread mill and then the next two days after my knee became swollen and locking up in the back of the knee. The locking up has stopped but running doesn't feel right at all. If I sit in a chair and try to lift my legg it feels like a lot of resistance on it. I did yoga okay today but couldn't do Zumba or jumping jacks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have you been to a doctor?
  • Lisgetsfitter
    Lisgetsfitter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet but I have been using ice packs
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Keep using ice packs and make an appt with your doc and lay off of high impact or anything else that hurts until you get a medical consult :)
  • robw235
    robw235 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Knee pain is no stranger to me, especially at my age. Definitely get it checked in case you have a small tear. Years ago I tore cartiledge in the knee and by the time I saw a doctor, I could hardly get out of a chair without pushing on a table for support. Not fun. Needed surgery to fix the problem. Take care and rest it until you see a Dr.
  • Lisgetsfitter
    Options
    I have been reading a lot about runners knee but when I read about meniscus tears it also sounds like that. I will make an appointment soon
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely see a doctor. That doesn't sound at ALL like runner's knee, ITBS, or any of the usual running overuse injuries. That sounds like trauma-damage.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree on seeing a doctor. Knee pain could mean several things. I find if I keep my hips stretched and open then my back, knees and ankles are good but the minute my hips, glutes and psoas get tight then everything goes. Yoga seems to help keep things in line. Some exercises trigger knee pain so I avoid them (box jumps are bad for me).
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is good for you. Discuss with a doctor about this. Sometimes a little injury can harm a lot. And also stop running till then you meet the doctor.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Go to a sports doctor.
  • Lisgetsfitter
    Options
    Thanks good advice