MY SECRET:SugarFree gum/Appetite suppressant? Whats yours??

Options
I have been using extra sugar free gum to suppress my appetite between meals and its working. I will chew the gum between meals and I don't even think about food. I know its not that healthy for you but it sure better than a king size Snicker bar. I mean think about that for a second. Now lets compare..... KING SIZE SNICKER BAR 510 calories VS. Extra Sugarfree GUm 5 calories.....That is slighty less than 1% of the snicker bar. I SAY.... big changes come in small steps. WOO HOO FOR ME!!

ANYBODY else got any tricks that keep them from eating junk??

Replies

• Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Gum usually works for me too!!
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    who says it's not healthy for you???? The promote this on the biggest loser, just ask Bob :happy:
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I can't chew gum :( so water and a walk usually help me. Or else I find something I can really concentrate on and then I forget :)
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Lemon tea !!! there is even a tea called 'slimmers choice' I think it is an amazing appetite suppressant.
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Gum and LOTS of water
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Altoids. There is something about the super intense mint taste that kills my cravings.
  • diamondsr4me789
    Options
    Drinking alot of green tea helps and so does chewing sugar free spicy gum
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will chew sugar free gum, or sometimes buy sugar free hard candies. Water definitely. I put lemon & lime in mine to give it a little something extra...lol
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Coffee or a 5 hour energy definitely takes away my appetite :)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i always find that gum makes me really hungry and just makes me want to eat!
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    I dont think that is bad. The biggest loser promotes extra for the purpose that you are using it for. So good for you!
    I love chocolate and hate the calories that go with it so I like fiber one brownies, 90 calories, 8 grams of sugar.
    If my sugar grams are low I eat adkins nutty fudge brownies. 170 calories, 0 sugar grams, Adkins also has a chocolate carmel mouse bar 120 calories and 1 gram of sugar. They are also full of protien. so they help you stay full. where sugar actually makes you crave more sugar. I also like fresh strawberries, and sugarfree chocolate jello pudding. taste like godiva chocolate covered strawberries. YUM! and you can have a 100 calorie snack that is filling!
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    caffeine.

in any shape or form.
    coffee/tea/diet coke/sugarfree redbull/caffeine tablets.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My problem with chewing gum? Even sugar free? I spit it out once the flavor is gone. I'd end up chain chewing.
    But considering the alternatives, I might have to give this a try. =)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I used to do this in high school, and it worked. I'm now back to doing it! Except I go through sooo much gum, because I spit it out when it loses it's flavor which happens quickly.

I haven't tried the new "dessert" flavors, when my current box is gone I will get one and see how it goes. I was eying the strawberry shortcake ones today.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    gum makes me more hungry =\
  • KB81
    KB81 Posts: 7
    Options
    I chew Spry gum, it's made with Xyllitol, which is a more natural sweetener. I also add liquid lemon stevia to water to make it more interesting. Oh, and PICKLES!! Dill, extra crunchy. Tends to wipe out cravings.
  • jmconway1
    jmconway1 Posts: 29
    Options
    The only problem I've ever heard about with chewing gum on a diet is that you get used to the idea of chewing something. But I think its great to substitute a snickers bar for gum! Maybe a long term goal could be to stop the gum too!
  • TurtleCrush
    TurtleCrush Posts: 80
    Options
    The only problem I've ever heard about with chewing gum on a diet is that you get used to the idea of chewing something. But I think its great to substitute a snickers bar for gum! Maybe a long term goal could be to stop the gum too!

I will eventually make a goal to stop "chewing" but I have a few years before I have to think about that.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    caffeine.

in any shape or form.
    coffee/tea/diet coke/sugarfree redbull/caffeine tablets.

DO NOT TAKE THIS KIND OF ADVICE----caffeine completely depletes your water in your system... i personally cant loose unless i have tons of water... if im drinking something that depletes my water its completely pointless!!! Tea is fine and helps my appetite but you have to drink decaf or else you cant count it as water and also it depletes your water from your system. Diet drinks--even crystal light--contain caffeine. They r also loaded with chemicals--especially diet pop, that help u NOT loose. I drink any pop and i bloat... and doctors suggest u drink full calorie pop if ur going to drink pop because of how bad for you diet pop is. Redbull and energy drinks r terrible for ur body.. U get plenty of energy from eating healthy, y would u need fake energy on top of that?? id be bouncing off the freakin walls!! I only drink coffee if I need something to help me go #2 cuz eating healthy constipates me.

Yea, sugar free gum helps, and its not the best for you, but yeah, looking at alternatives its better for you... they contain sugar alcohols and whatever other things...

I munch on carrots when im hungry... a huge handful of baby carrots is 35calories and lasts me quite awhile; fills me up alot, and filled with viatmin a and potassium. I ahve them everyday just about; especially when its nearly dinner time and im starving but its not dinner time yet, i just need something to tide me over, and gum aint gunna do it for me when im that hungry.

celery is pretty filling too; but i dont like it as much; i like it, just not love it enough to munch on it.

I eat 6x a day to manage hunger, and ive lost near 30pounds in 10weeks, without excercise
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke (can I say that on here? hope someone doesn't e-slap me). Also, while at work during the day, I've gotten in the habit of having green or various other types of herbal tea. All of them are ZERO everything.