I need Motivation please help???

Options
I am new here and not sure how to start this but I am trying to lose weight desperately and get deeply disheartened when I don't see results fairly soon. I am 12st 8 lbs which I think is 78kg or 178 lbs? not too sure around that! I am 165.1cms 5'5" and I am so unhappy that I usually cry over it when I look in the mirror or weight myself. I know this may seem silly or childish but I have suffered with pretty bad depression and that has effected me forever now, I had it last year and been trying to get better, I also stopped taking the pill last year as well so my emotions are quite a little over the top too. Oh! and not to mention I have just moved country to back home and am currently looking for a house, only staying in temporary arrangements so everything is hectic and chaotic lol!
Now, I really want to hear success stories or people who have lost some weight in a short amount of time to show me I can do this, I have given up so much to not put weight on, I know I need to do more exercise I lack the energy to do that most times, I don't drink Alcohol, tea or coffee or fizzy drinks. I don't have salt on my food, I do have butter in my potatoes lol! not much, I also don't eat much bread and will opt for Brown or wholemeal all the time. I usually have some sort of cereal for my Breakfast like a type of cheerios, or Weetabix or golden syrup oatmeal porridge.
Lunch I like to have now a pack of snack a jack cheese & chives.
Dinner can very from day to day but usually mash potato lots of veg and some sort of meat.
My exercise is only walking my dogs, usually 2-3 times a day from 10-15 minutes, I know I need to do more and I ate a bit of chocolate yesterday and felt so upset and guilty and I don't want to live my life feeling guilty for everything I still want to have some lifestyle but I want to lose a good bit of weight soon as this is making me more unhappy than I have ever been in my entire life! please can you advise me wonderful people? I would love to hear all your tips, inspirational weight loss stories and what I can do to improve my mood?
thank you x:smile:

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    gotta stay away from the mashed potatoes and cheeses so much. More whole grains and whole fruits and veggies. No sugar and limit the salt.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    When I first started this journey, before I found MFP, I was 5'7 and 236lbs. I was huge, and I hated myself for it. I was so big in the belly area that I wouldn't wear jeans because they were too uncomfortable and the size made me feel worse. That was almost a year ago. I am now about a size 16, and weight right around 200lbs. I don't pay as much attention to the weight on the scale as I do the pants. These jeans I am wearing I was having a hard time fitting into when I weight 175 before!

It sounds like you've got a lot of change going on in your life right now. Change is good! I'm gonna add you, if that's ok. I can relate to a lot of what you're going through, the depression, the birth control, etc. You can do this, and you are already making great choices for foods!

Fast weight loss is inspiring to others, but not very realistic to the person losing it. Most of the time, they gain the weight back. It took me a bit of time to really understand that slower, while infuriatingly frustrating, does show the best results. On my profile, I posted a before (green shirt) and an after (blue tank). That's less than a year of work. :-)
  • dctyler
    dctyler Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome. A good place to start would be putting EVERYTHING you eat into the food diary on your page. That way you can see if you are eating the right amount of calories for your size, and activity level. Don't feel guilty for having chocolate, everything is ok as long as you eat in moderation. Once you have gaged what your calorie intake actually is, verses your activity level, you will know how you have to modify your eating style. Feel free to add me as friend. We all support each other on the site. Its really a great place to find motivation and guidance. :flowerforyou:
  • gayle4god2
    gayle4god2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, what is helping me to stay motivated is..... "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE." My prize is getting down to 150 pounds. I am tired of being fat! When I satrted eating healthy, I weiged 213 pounds. 2 months later, I now weigh 198 pounds! (woohoo). Once a week, I treat myself to whatever I am hungry for. You have to do that or, you will not continue this. I only walk 15 minutes a day. I wish you luck, and remember....... KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE. Here's a hug, we all need one. Your new friend, Gayle
  • gayle4god2
    gayle4god2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, what is helping me to stay motivated is..... "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE." My prize is getting down to 150 pounds. I am tired of being fat! When I satrted eating healthy, I weiged 213 pounds. 2 months later, I now weigh 198 pounds! (woohoo). Once a week, I treat myself to whatever I am hungry for. You have to do that or, you will not continue this. I only walk 15 minutes a day. I wish you luck, and remember....... KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE. Here's a hug, we all need one. Your new friend, Gayle
    I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.
  • mischamilo
    mischamilo Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you, your words are inspiring me a lot! x x x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!