Binge eating

Options
hi I have like 40lbs to loose and instead of loosing I keep gaining weight anyone has some good tips to stop binge eating? I start off good in the morning with breakfast before work even pack lunch and a snack during the time I work but as soon as I get home I indulge. Any help is appreciated

Replies

• mpq0627
    mpq0627 Posts: 8
    Options
    I drink a ton of water. If I start to feel hungry and know it's just because I'm bored I'll drink a 1/2 to a whole bottle of water. If I'm still hungry then I'll eat a small snack, if not then I know I was bored.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello. I used to have this problem as a teenager but there are a few tips I tried that worked like a charm and now my appetite is trained to be smaller and I stopped binging. First, drink a glass of water before and after eating each meal. It will help you feel full, faster and longer. When you get home, drink a couple glasses of water because there's a possibility you are dehydrated from working all day. Our bodies often think we're hungry when actually we're thirsty. Drinking a couple glasses of water after getting home will also help you feel partially full so you will eat less for dinner. Good luck!
  • la_unica
    la_unica Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks you both for responding so quick.. Great tips I'll try to put them to work!
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    la_unica wrote: »
    Thanks you both for responding so quick.. Great tips I'll try to put them to work!
    No problem.
  • Ultimate_Beast
    Ultimate_Beast Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great advice already, def drink before you eat as they've already said, also keep fruit handy if your need a snack make it a healthy one
  • hilbertgirl
    Options
    I've also tried eating a big lunch that is really filling and that has helped me because I'm less hungry at dinner time. It used to be a vicious cycle...wake up after eating bad and have a tiny healthy breakfast and a small healthy lunch/snacks trying to be good and make up for the previous night....then when I got home I'd be ravenous and there was nobody around to see all I ate. I started mindfully having bigger lunches that were still healthy but not bird food and it really really helped!!
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! It seems to help me if I have a "driving home" beverage - coffee, tea or water and a small snack of fruit (like 100 calories). That helps me not to feel like I am starving when I get home.
  • kshedler
    kshedler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Binge eater here too. I rarely indulge while at work but all I seem to do when I'm home is eat! (Mostly unhealthy things too ) I'm going to try drinking more water when I get hungry. It must be really boring over at my house!! :D
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have lost 80 pounds - originally I lost 100 BUT once I got to my goal weight, I deprived myself so much throughout my journey that I ended up binging A LOT & I developed a B.E.D. I gained 40 pounds back! I have recently lost 20 of them though and I soon hope to lose the next 20 by August.
    My binge eating tips are...
    Drink water if you don't already AND if you feel a binge coming on, it's like you almost can't stop yourself, so binge on something like melon. It has a lot of volume, it's tasty, and few calories.

Best of luck,
    Teria
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    On top of all the water tips, for me I can't keep snacky food in my house. I know that some people will preach that it doesn't matter as long as you hit your macros, but for those of us with control issues that lead to binging, not having those things around can help. If I get hungry in between meals I like cucumber with black pepper, or celery with peanut butter otherwise besides meal-food I don't have a lot to eat in the house (mmm that can of chiles looks..nope.).
  • jla2983
    jla2983 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi I have like 40lbs to loose and instead of loosing I keep gaining weight anyone has some good tips to stop binge eating? I start off good in the morning with breakfast before work even pack lunch and a snack during the time I work but as soon as I get home I indulge. Any help is appreciated

• jla2983
    jla2983 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I am motivated during the day but when I get home or by dinner time I'm starving. :/
  • mpq0627
    mpq0627 Posts: 8
    Options

Not a problem!! :)
  • kassiecopas
    Options
    I currently am having the same issue, and while at the store, I only buy healthy food. That way, if I do eat a lot, it won't be junk food