Thinking about size vs weight

Options
I've been so focused on getting my weight down I haven't really given a lot of thought to my body shape...i've been reading forums where people have posted their height, weight and clothes size and some people the same height and weight as me are in a clothes size bigger at least...so rather than focusing on a certain weight I want to be, i'm going to be much more focused on developing some rock hard abs and firming up my wobbly bits! I think I naturally have a more athletic, muscular build that should be easier to tone (under the pudgy bits!) so screw my weight, I want to be strong and lean :)
I've never been under 130 in my adult life anyway.

I'd rather be my current weight and a fit and toned UK 10 than a wobbly 120 lbs...i've always known that muscle weighs more than fat, I just had a bit of a 'aha!' moment :)

Is anyone else thinking about their goal this way?

EDIT: meant to say *muscle takes up less volume than fat*, accidentally said that dreaded (wrong) phrase!

Replies

• dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm really tired of seeing people post topics on "losing weight", when instead you should be focusing on losing bodyfat.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been so focused on getting my weight down I haven't really given a lot of thought to my body shape...i've been reading forums where people have posted their height, weight and clothes size and some people the same height and weight as me are in a clothes size bigger at least...so rather than focusing on a certain weight I want to be, i'm going to be much more focused on developing some rock hard abs and firming up my wobbly bits! I think I naturally have a more athletic, muscular build that should be easier to tone (under the pudgy bits!) so screw my weight, I want to be strong and lean :)
    I've never been under 130 in my adult life anyway.

I'd rather be my current weight and a fit and toned UK 10 than a wobbly 120 lbs...i've always known that muscle weighs more than fat, I just had a bit of a 'aha!' moment :)

Is anyone else thinking about their goal this way?

And this site puts it visually into perspective:
    http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html
    Just 1 thing I noticed you said that wasn't correct though. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. Muscle is denser than fat.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!!! I was just thinking the same thing. I have gone from a size 24w pants to an 18w and still weigh 245 pounds (I started at 280). I look as if I weigh lots less than I do I remembe weighing this much a couple years ago when I lost a bunch of weight the first time, and I looked much heavier. I'm excited to see what I look like at my goal of 165!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    muscle does not weigh more than fat most people think this but not true.They weigh the same one is more dence than the other.
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I try. I tend to weigh considerably more that most people in my size so I try to focus on the size I wear instead of the number of pounds on the scale.

Sometimes the scale still messes with my head though but I really try hard not to let it :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'd much rather be a hard size 6, than a jiggly size 2 (been there, skinny fat is not attractive!)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Oops, my bad, I finally got my sentence straight explaining it to my boyfriend and then wrote the opposite on here! What I meant to say is that muscle takes up less volume than fat :)
  • ShellBelle76
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm at a good weight right now, I don't want to lose any more than I already have. I'm working on toning up right now. :)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Great! :) I've been way too focused on the numbers on the scale, I might have only lost 3 pounds in the last couple of weeks, but my waist is 1.5" smaller!