Tuna salad with avocado instead of mayo!

Options
glfernandes828
glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
Today I made a tuna salad sandwhich on Ezekiel wheat bread. Instead of mixing one can of tuna with some mayo, I mixed in half an avocado and lime juice. Then I put some plum tomato slices on top and it tasted absolutely delicious. Also it was so filling and only 340 calories!! You all should give it a try. Yumm

Replies

• bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    mm sounds good. love tuna. lately been replacing tuna with sardines, so delicious.
  • mersolimine
    Options
    I'll have to try it! I usually mix tuna with spicy brown mustard
  • glfernandes828
    Options
    I'll have to try those too! I've actually never tried sardines nor spicy brown mustard before!
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try those too! I've actually never tried sardines nor spicy brown mustard before!

try em! they have a nice creamy taste, good fats etc, check out the nutrition profile, goood stuff lol
    sardines with light mayo (or avocado as im about to try tomorrow), black pepper, paprika, on a toasted ciabatta bun, damn im making myself hungry

j26gyl3jkgw4.png

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    avacado (or, better yet, guacamole) works well in place of mayo in egg salad too
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I do this alllll the time, it's my favorite thing to replace mayo with, from sandwich spreads to tuna salad, it's delicious.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I do this with tuna and egg salad all the time. Nom nom nom
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Somehow about 4 years ago I developed an avocado allergy. It's so sad :(
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • glfernandes828
    Options
    Somehow about 4 years ago I developed an avocado allergy. It's so sad :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that ;( avocado is my favorite food on earth! Hopefully you can find something as yummy to replace it.

Everyone else's suggestions on here sound delicious too, Yumm!
  • giantsr1
    giantsr1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make chicken salad with avocado too. Chop up some chicken breast with mashed up avocado,cilantro,green onion and a squeeze of lime juice. Delicious.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I made something surprisingly good today. White northern beans, with onion,tomato, avocado and a little bit of champagne viniagrette(just a bit) the advocado made it really delish
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    mustard with olive oil and pepper is also a nice alternative
  • girlperson666
    girlperson666 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i tried this with egg salad once! unfortunately, though not wholly unpalatable, the mashed yolks and avocado together turned a really nightmarish shade of green and i really... can't subject myself to that again...

I haven't tried it with tuna though! That's an idea!
  • glfernandes828
    Options
    giantsr1 wrote: »
    I make chicken salad with avocado too. Chop up some chicken breast with mashed up avocado,cilantro,green onion and a squeeze of lime juice. Delicious.

Yumm! I'm gonna try that next time
  • glfernandes828
    Options
    I made something surprisingly good today. White northern beans, with onion,tomato, avocado and a little bit of champagne viniagrette(just a bit) the advocado made it really delish

Sounds sooo good! I'll have to try that
  • glfernandes828
    Options
    i tried this with egg salad once! unfortunately, though not wholly unpalatable, the mashed yolks and avocado together turned a really nightmarish shade of green and i really... can't subject myself to that again...

I haven't tried it with tuna though! That's an idea!

Oh gosh!! Doesn't sound pleasant haha. But definitely give it a shot with tuna! So delicious
  • rojomojo78
    rojomojo78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I replace mayo in my tuna salad with plain yogurt, yummy with avacado too!
  • Zuzsika
    Zuzsika Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I made a tuna salad sandwhich on Ezekiel wheat bread. Instead of mixing one can of tuna with some mayo, I mixed in half an avocado and lime juice. Then I put some plum tomato slices on top and it tasted absolutely delicious. Also it was so filling and only 340 calories!! You all should give it a try. Yumm