Holy! 1,390 calories a day. I'm hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A Keto diet has been shown to help people with many types of insulin resistance as it's low in sugars but high in satisfying proteins and fat, and full of nutrient dense, low calorie and high volume veggies. Maybe look into something similar?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love potatoes so here is one breakfast I love.
    * Boil a red potato (cal 153 for a medium one) cool in cold water and refrigerate about an hour or do this the night before you want this breakfast.
    * Cut the potato into small cubes, about a cm on each side.
    * The put potatoes on parchment paper and very lightly spray with oil - we use olive oil and a refillable mister. I don't know calories so between this entire breakfast I'm going to claim 40 cals (1 tsp)
    *Sprinkle potatoes lightly with salt, pepper and either basil or oregano then put potatoes in oven at 425 - check them and see how crispy you like them. I think at 20 minutes or 25 minutes we turn on the broiler for a minute or so. They can get burnt fast, though, so watch that if you use the broiler.

On the stove top, while the potatoes are cooking sauté the following in a minimal amount of oil (the rest of the 40 calories, but you'll have to figure that out to see if you use more or less)
    * chop a bit of onion
    * a bit of bell pepper
    * I like hot, so a bit of jalapeño
    * Then saute them until they are softened and smelling great. When the potatoes come out put them on a plate and put the sautéed veggies on top in such a way that they are evenly distributed with the potatoes.
    This is right around the 200-210 calorie mark (double check everything as your sources may be different than mine in reported calories, etc.)

I pair this with a crispy slice of bacon and a cup of black coffee for a weekend brunch. It keeps me full for hours.

A smaller potato or part of the recipe with an omelet (or other egg) could be good too (sadly I really can't eat eggs even though I have laying hens - my children get healthy eggs!)
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper supplement, lots of water, chewing gum, mindfulness, keep busy.
  • LizBelle2015
    LizBelle2015 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A Keto diet has been shown to help people with many types of insulin resistance as it's low in sugars but high in satisfying proteins and fat, and full of nutrient dense, low calorie and high volume veggies. Maybe look into something similar?

Can you explain keto diet? Does it have to do with Ketosis? Burning fat instead of carbs?
  • LizBelle2015
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I weighed 195 Oct of last year and am at 168 now. I haven't lost or gained in some time so I know it's time to count calories again. I want to be 130 pounds. I want to lose 1 pound a week meaning I can eat 1,390 calories. My diet is mainly proteins and good fats but MAN AM I HUNGRY! I have a sedentary lifestyle due to a disability but I've still lost weight eating right. What do you do when your hungry so you don't go over your calorie limit?

Good Lord, why did this get flagged?

Can you up your weight loss calorie goals to lose maybe a half pound a week? That way you will get more calories and not feel as hungry. :)

I did not know I couldn't use a word that you figured was a curse word by filling the blank. Lol. I'll never lose weight on .5 lbs a week. I think I lost faster in 5 months (25 pounds) on about 1,600-1,700 calories. I stopped counting calories 2 months so I'm back looking to lose 30 pounds sooner than 5 months.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I weighed 195 Oct of last year and am at 168 now. I haven't lost or gained in some time so I know it's time to count calories again. I want to be 130 pounds. I want to lose 1 pound a week meaning I can eat 1,390 calories. My diet is mainly proteins and good fats but MAN AM I HUNGRY! I have a sedentary lifestyle due to a disability but I've still lost weight eating right. What do you do when your hungry so you don't go over your calorie limit?

Can you up your weight loss calorie goals to lose maybe a half pound a week? That way you will get more calories and not feel as hungry. :)

I did not know I couldn't use a word that you figured was a curse word by filling the blank. Lol. I'll never lose weight on .5 lbs a week. I think I lost faster in 5 months (25 pounds) on about 1,600-1,700 calories. I stopped counting calories 2 months so I'm back looking to lose 30 pounds sooner than 5 months.

what do you mean you'd never lose weight on .5lbs a week?? You'd be losing .5lb a week....

• Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Club soda is a life saver! I add some lemon most times, and it's just really satisfying. It makes me feel like I'm having a snack, and makes me feel full quicker if I drink it before a meal.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

what do you mean you'd never lose weight on .5lbs a week?? You'd be losing .5lb a week....

Yep. OP do you use a food scale to weigh all your food that isn't a non-freely pouring liquid? Accuracy matters just a bit more if you go with a smaller deficit. All you need is to allow a bit more time - in six months or whatever, you would be getting all the compliments just the same as if you lost 1 lb per week

Coconut oil if you're hungry? Really??
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Change your rate of loss to .5 pounds a week.
    And/or get some exercise in so you can eat more.
    Drink lots of water.
    Make sure you are getting plenty or protein and proper fiber.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Change your rate of loss to .5 pounds a week.
    And/or get some exercise in so you can eat more.
    Drink lots of water.
    Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and proper fiber.
  • natgrisenthwaite
    natgrisenthwaite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200. I at first was starving! Now I have come to realize that I was thinking I am hungry I am actually thirsty. I honestly have a hard time reaching my goal each day. If you drink diet soda switch to regular. From personal experience I lost 7lbs switching from diet to regular. Then I gave it up completely. You might want to look for empty calories and cut back. I eat tons of veggies 2 cups of lettuce is 11 calories I believe. Also try not to look at I have total of 30lbs to lose. Look at small obtainable goals. 2 lbs this week . I weight myself twice a day morning before breakfast and at night bbefore dinner. It helps me ask myself am I really hungry. I am having lots of luck thank God with losing.good luck
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.
    How about eating more bulky lower calorie items?
    This morning I am eating,
    1 banana
    1 apple
    15 grapes
    1/4c blueberries
    1c watermelon
    1oz dried goji berries
    1tsp coconut oil
    1tbs chia seeds
    Stack that all up and it FILLS my blender. Theres no way I can sit down with a fork and bowl and manage to get it all in so I have to blend it, sometimes I leave the apple or banana out and chew that and drink the rest. Low calorie, and BULKY, you will be full. This was my breakfast and I just finished it as I was typing this. My activity level is very high, my step count yesterday was 20,989 yesterday, I work on a farm, and I also live on my own farm which is a full time job with the amount of livestock, horses, poultry and rabbits, PLUS my house work.
    PLUS,,on a good note, when you have all that fruit in a smoothie its a natural delicious energy drink.

Becca

PS, if you go on my profile you should be able to see what I eat each day, I think its public.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    It may just take some time to get used to eating less. When I first started out I was hanging on by my fingernails every day to stay within my calorie goals, but a couple of weeks later I felt fine and satisfied the majority of the time.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options

When I'm hungry I make soup, green smoothies, salads, or vegetable curries. Basically I try to fill up on lots and lots of vegetables + lots of water :)
  • laurenisfit12
    laurenisfit12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to eat really healthy foods that are low in calories so I can eat a higher volume to make me full. 1390 is a hard calorie goal. If you need to, you can try bumping up to 1400-1600. I'm losing weight on that goal
  • LizBelle2015
    Options
    Thank you