Has anyone seen this site?

Options
So I am browsing looking at weight loss tips and stuff. I find this http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Which basically shows what your target day is that you will reach your goal. I found it interesting.. basically shows me I will be my target weight on Dec 29th this year. but i figured i would share it.

Replies

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It says mine is September 12, 2015. I just put it in my diary. I'll let you know when it happens.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    May 14, 2016. Close to Mother's Day and my son's birthday. Sweet. It's actually fairly close to what I was guessing at.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Says I won't reach my GW of 140 for another 2 years. Nice site, but not exactly motivational.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Sept 5. Pretty much when I hoped to make goal so just gotta stick to it!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    sorta fun to play around with... yea @zyxst lol
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Well, by May 17th, I should lose 23lbs.

Given my current plan by that date, and what I've already lost since starting out on Wednesday, I'd say the figure is quite low. After weighing this morning, my projection is a shade over 30lbs by the May 20th.

We shall see who is right!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    This is like "In 5 weeks you will weigh..." taken to extremes.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well that's just depressing, but the weight didnt come on overnight and isnt going to drop off anymore quickly
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just put my numbers in, set for moderately active, 47 y/o, woman, 5.5', 1200/day and it shows i'll steadily gain weight? Am I reading this correct, whoa, I just lost another pound this morning and I had 1500 day before yesterday and 1300 yesterday. I just woke up and may be seeing things.

edit: set for "woman" now.
    kn5i406i41e9.jpg
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    mmmm....says I should reach about 120lb around June 20, 2015.....if I stick to 1400 calories per day and exercise 6-7 days per week.....works for me!!!:)
  • cathychyeah
    cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll be my ideal weight on the 6th of June... And that's eating 1200 cals and working out 3 times a week. Gotta push myself to get there
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    January 26th 2016, here I come!!! :smiley:
  • Keiko385
    Options
    Uni5 might want to check the height you put in, its saying you should only be 1lb?
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Halloween of this year!

Sure, maybe that morning. But after all those fun-sized candy bars leftover from the trick-or-treaters...

Let's say mid-November instead. ;)
  • uvi5
    Options
    Keiko385 wrote: »
    Uni5 might want to check the height you put in, its saying you should only be 1lb?

uh oh, i've shrunk too???? omg I need to go back sleep!
  • Keiko385
    Options
    lol height is the last thing I can afford to lose

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    11/11/15 will put me there according to this. Lets see if that comes true.
  • uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Keiko385 wrote: »

uh oh, i've shrunk too???? omg I need to go back sleep!

ha ha, i put 5.5 under inches, corrected to 66 in. yup that explains it.

• chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i try this a few times first time was ok but i relized by tomorrow i could already be 2lbs lighter when i weight in so i tried again... I think there is a bug in the site lol so way it my deflict 5000+ lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Well first off, it estimated my maintenance needs at about 100 calories fewer than my 3-month collected data estimates.

Says I'd reach 145 in September, and 140 in December.

Whereas my Libra app estimates ~June to reach 145lbs.

This website is also assuming that calorie intake will be the exact same throughout, which is really not beneficial because I will most likely lower my calories or increase my cardio to ensure I lose at a similar rate for these next 10lbs, then once I'm at 145 if I feel the need to lose another 5lbs I'll lose on a 10%/250 calorie deficit.