Getting back on track

Options
I ended up with a few mini binges the last 2 weeks, & am trying to get back on track. I logged most of it, where it was measurable, but not all (hangs head in shame :( )
It's been harder than I expected -- I did really well for 5 months, & a short time of overeating has made it more difficult for some reason. I did well yesterday (also Good Friday, so while I don't fast, I do stick to 2 small meals & 1 moderate one, with only 1 snack - a yogurt). I have my next several days pre-logged (starting yesterday, I'm working 4 days straight, with a double shift on the last day), & staying at my mom's after Easter dinner tomorrow. I prepped & brought my breakfasts & lunch in to work with me yesterday (luckily, I have access to a fridge). I just need to really get myself back in the game mentally.
As of this morning, weigh in showed a gain of 3.2 lbs from 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping that is temporary, as I have also had some constipation issues the last few weeks, & haven't felt that well because of it. I'm also going to get back to my exercise -- I've slacked off a bit there, too.

Any advice/ suggestions / support???

Replies

• TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am here for support add me if you want. Also a quote I found this morning. Junk food you've been craving for an hour, or the body you've been craving for a lifetime? Your decision. You need to figure out also what is triggering you to binge. When you feel like binging find something to do other than eat. Take a walk find something to do with your hands so your busy, drink water then ask yourself, am I really hungry or just bored. Water and exercise can help with the other issue too. Hope this helps.
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was the only one coming to the app this morning tail between my legs ! I can't tell you how much reading your post this morning meant to me . Back at it & inspired to be a part of the journey with you !
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!!! For reasons I don't want to get into now, there is food available in my house that tends to trigger me if I start it, but I can't givie it away (past it's expiration, but still ok to eat) that I have to figure out something to do with. I hate throwing food away, but I may have to bite the bullet & do just that.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have no advice as I could have easily written this, but glad to know I'm not alone and looking for advice too
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    MaryCS62 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys!!! For reasons I don't want to get into now, there is food available in my house that tends to trigger me if I start it, but I can't givie it away (past it's expiration, but still ok to eat) that I have to figure out something to do with. I hate throwing food away, but I may have to bite the bullet & do just that.

Don't think of it as wasting food, think of it as saving yourself, which you are doing if it triggers you. Get rid of it.
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't quit. Get back into exercising and you should see a difference. That's what I did. I had somewhat of the same issue you are in and when I got back into working out I felt back on track again.
  • katinutt101
    katinutt101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh, me too! All the worse because Easter is almost here, but I plan on logging that as well. I think I just get tired of logging or have somewhere to go w/food I don't really want to log after about 20 days or so (and not always quite sticking to my goal every day at that), desire a break, but then if I stop it can spiral into several days. Not this time, we can do this :smiley:
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing these last couple weeks, I lost 19 lbs, but re-gained 4 lbs. Last night I took some time to just quietly think about why I want to lose weight, and to re-focus myself. I thought about all the food that I've eaten (and how much I enjoyed it if I'm honest lol!), and made a promise to myself that I would just take this journey 10 lbs at a time going forward. For the last month it has seemed really daunting, and I was binging a lot, but I remembered how good I felt and how quickly the weight came off last time I made it a priority. Mentally I feel like I had one last hurrah with lots of easter chocolate yesterday, so I'm ready to re-commit now. 10 lbs. 5 weeks. Then I'll eat at maintenance for a bit, and probably indulge for a few days, then re-group, and carry on. I was so motivated when I first started, but then I got focused more on "it's going to take so long, and I still have a long way to go!". I now know that thinking like that does not help me one bit. So baby steps it is, and I'm ready to try again :)
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    MaryCS62 wrote: »

I also think you should just get rid of it.