My family are driving me nuts!!

Options
Before I start, this is a jokey post, I know the solution (bang their heads together!!)

I weighed my little chunk of 20g of chocolate, put it in a little tub and off I went. I take little bites throughout the morning. The other day my daughter ran it, stuck out her tongue and there it was!! a tiny piece of MY chocolate!!! If I could of taken it out of her mouth and weighed it I would of!

Today, I go to get a packet of my 76 calories crisps - the ones that I keep separate from the full fat crisps - and he's eaten all but 2 packs!

I bought celery specially to snack on with my humus - went to the fridge - there's one stick left!

I love them but my god I could strangle them some days!

Anyone else feel like their family are plotting against them?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Snort! Yep I'd trade them in. Had to get rid of a daughter for this!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That would drive me nuts! I'm thankful every day that I don't have to share my food with anyone, that would make the weighing and logging so much more difficult.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I buy more of "my" stuff and far less of "their" stuff. Now we are all eating the same stuff. Works for us.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    I buy more of "my" stuff and far less of "their" stuff. Now we are all eating the same stuff. Works for us.

This is what I do and it isn't the problem. The eating of the already weighed stuff is where you want to ring their necks.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get so mad when i weigh out a treat, literally counting them until it adds up to the right weight, and my man takes a handful! I've seriously considered reweighing it lol
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Snort! Yep I'd trade them in. Had to get rid of a daughter for this!

This made me laugh out loud. Seriously, though, are they doing it to get a reaction from you or because they like your treats best? If the former, stop reacting. One thing I always remind my kids/DH is manipulation tends to stop when it stops working. If they just like prepped food for ease, maybe you could get them helping with the prep?

This would drive me nuts, too. I applaud you for not hurling the tub at your daughter.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I find if I lock them out of the house they don't bother me so much. give it a try.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Haha, this sort of thing still drives me crazy I know realistically the kids don't really know any better and I try not to stress too much "at" them (after all we want to teach em sharing is the right thing to do lol), but the Man knows better, once its on my plate or portioned out in a container its MINE!

Usually my best solution is to always buy/make extra portions, if there's another plate/container around they're all free to help themselves. Still somehow the toddler still thinks everything tastes best off mommy's plate :S
  • LJgfg
    LJgfg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I often think a great deal of family strife could be eliminated if each member had their own pantry and fridge. :)
    I have a teenage boy at home so no food is ever safe (healthy or otherwise). His level of body fat is so low you could use him as an anatomical model (use to be able to literally see every one of his rib bones - and most of the others! Now, into puberty and being athletic, it's a lesson in muscle definition).
    So I can't complain, except no matter what I plan on eating, there's a good 70% chance it won't be there when I go to get it!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Kudos to you for not banging their heads together :)

I used to have this problem with the people in my house, but then I made it very clear that, like Joey Tribbiani, I don't share food! Thankfully, we're all adults here (no adorable kids) so I keep my food in a separate section of the fridge and on separate shelves in the cabinets, and they know that fingers will be broken if any of it goes missing. ;)
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I swear there's squirrels in my house that get to the foods before I get a chance to eat it.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I get super pissed when I've carefully weighed out my snack for me, and then the boyfriend grabs a handful. STAHP!!!!!!!!
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Omg this thread made me laugh so hard! Between my husband, 17, 15 and 10( all 3 boys.) My food is never safe!

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LJgfg wrote: »
    I often think a great deal of family strife could be eliminated if each member had their own pantry and fridge. :)
    I have a teenage boy at home so no food is ever safe (healthy or otherwise). His level of body fat is so low you could use him as an anatomical model (use to be able to literally see every one of his rib bones - and most of the others! Now, into puberty and being athletic, it's a lesson in muscle definition).
    So I can't complain, except no matter what I plan on eating, there's a good 70% chance it won't be there when I go to get it!

My older son is super "swole" as he calls it. He eats more of my Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches than I do. Now I buy them for him and buy myself something else the kids think is "weird" like frozen Greek yogurt bars. If I've weighed something out, like chips, and they ask for one I tell them no, go get your own. Now they say, "Oh, you weighed them." Ha, they're learning!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Thankfully they don't like Greek yogurt and I put the non perishable stuff in MY spot, but I've lost some cheese that way too. I was peeved.