Snacks

Options
Looking for new ideas for snacks.

My only snacks right now are dates stuffed with peanut butter and rice cakes w/peanut butter and/or jelly on top.

Looking for new ideas besides the usual fresh fruit, veggies w/dip, etc.

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I like the Wasa Crisp and Light crispbreads spread with Neufchatel cheese. 3 slices with 2 oz of cheese is 210 calories.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm snacking on kimchi :) I also like to make smoothies or have yogurt
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to add snacks to my diet as well, but I do pack things in my lunch that could be snacks. :smile:

Mini Baby Bel Cheese (I get the light version), Seapoint Farms Lightly Salted Dried Edamame, Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt, Yoplait 100 calorie Greek yogurt, Thomas light multigrain English Muffin with PB2 and a few banana slices.

Those are all the ideas I have. I cut out snacks to make my calorie goals, but now I need to add them back for that reason. Lol.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn,veggie straws, yogurt(light or plain) with chia seeds
  • princessloubella
    princessloubella Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fat Free yogurts, Breakfast bars, homemade fruit salads, low kcal crisps etc
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Yoplait Greek 100 yogurts, lots of flavors and very good. Also, Ephram's pita bread (100 cals.), warmed, and spread with a The Laughing Cow cheese wedge (35 calories), and some cracked pepper on top. Only 135 calories and a nice size for a snack. Or string cheese, white cheddar low-cal popcorn, pretzel sticks, Dole Dippers.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    3/4c plain greek yogurt, 1/2-1 scoop protein powder, 1tbsp sugar free raspberry jam, 1tbsp natural peanut butter and add a smidge of almond milk to make it a pudding consistency. My fav snack of all time and huge in protein.

12 plain almonds and some raspberries or blueberries or 1tbsp natural peanut butter a 1 apple sliced

Protein shake made from 1c almond milk, 1/2c frozen raspberries, 1 scoop protein powder, handful of spinach and 1tbsp peanut butter is also a good one.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Individual pouches of tuna. It's about the highest protein per calorie you can get. I buy the low sodium variety packed in water (not oil).
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    -Granola bars are always great (there are some between 90-140 cal)
    -Crackers with low fat string cheese
    -Berry smoothie (Blueberries and almond milk are delicious and low cal)
    -Sugar Free Jello
    -Sugar Free Ice pops (15 cal a popsicle)
    -Dry Cereal
    -Greek Yogurt (Dannon makes 80 cal yogurt)
    -Pretzel thins with hummus
    -A piece of toast with a banana and cinammon!
  • nc603
    nc603 Posts: 17
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I guess I should have put in my original post that I don't eat any animal products or by-products from animals (i.e. meat, dairy, eggs, lard, honey, etc.).

Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions. There are some really great ideas here to give me some new snacks to try.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    Rice Cake with a nut butter (I've been eating rice cakes with this MaraNatha Caramel Almond butter spread & it's delicious)
    Cottage cheese
    Frozen desserts like Skinny Cow bars/sandwiches, Yasso bars, & even a small serving of a lower calorie ice cream (Edy's has a lot of lower calorie ice creams)
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Raw cashews (1oz.) in natural peanut butter (2oz.)
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    3/4c plain greek yogurt, 1/2-1 scoop protein powder, 1tbsp sugar free raspberry jam, 1tbsp natural peanut butter and add a smidge of almond milk to make it a pudding consistency. My fav snack of all time and huge in protein.

12 plain almonds and some raspberries or blueberries or 1tbsp natural peanut butter a 1 apple sliced

Protein shake made from 1c almond milk, 1/2c frozen raspberries, 1 scoop protein powder, handful of spinach and 1tbsp peanut butter is also a good one.

• igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    that sounds good...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lately: baby bel, seasoned nori, local made beef jerky, nuts, halo/cutie oranges, nearly naked popcorn