10 months results after pic only

Options
Well here I am 10 months ago weighing 176 pounds 5"1. Went to 164 (post baby) and was stuck there. A long journey started, gain weight and went back up to 174 I was desperate. I tried every diet in the book. Pills, "miracles" "magic fruits" you name it I tried it. Then I learned the basic, calories in calories out. Then eating healthier counting calories (THANK YOU MFP) and finally here I am at 129 lbs 5"1. I'm now moving on to maintaining and building muscle. :) sorry there's no before pic (picture shy) once I find one I will repost with them and write the whole story :). 5ct3eoa6dmey.jpg
pj9innnhrd35.jpg

Replies

• fairytalesaredead
    fairytalesaredead Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!:)
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ok here's one at about 145 lbs! So half way trought the journey :smile: ..yep I hated pictures lol rj26vc2w8fkg.jpg
  • melissabrindley1
    melissabrindley1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look great! I've also started at 176. Its been a little over two weeks and I'm down to 167. I was just curious how long it took you to get where you are now? And other than counting calories how did you lose the weight? Thank you!
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Options
    You look great! I've also started at 176. Its been a little over two weeks and I'm down to 167. I was just curious how long it took you to get where you are now? And other than counting calories how did you lose the weight? Thank you!

Thanks :smile: Well the first half of the journey was the worst 6 months of hell. (I was so focused on "miracle loss" than healthy weight loss. Then once I started understanding time was the only healthy way to go, I started walking a LOT. 10000 to my best day of 26500 steps. And stopped obsessing, once I got a hold of calorie counting, It got much easier! Time passed and four months later I reached 129 lbs :smile:. Once thing tho.. DO NOT skip meals. Even if (like me) you hate breakfast even 150 cals will be better than zero.
  • melissabrindley1
    melissabrindley1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Luckily, with my job I walk well over 10000 steps a day. And as for breakfast, I do a visalus shake. I am never hungry in the morning, but always thirsty. So that really seems to help. Your 4 month timeline is really an inspiration. Congratulations!
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Luckily, with my job I walk well over 10000 steps a day. And as for breakfast, I do a visalus shake. I am never hungry in the morning, but always thirsty. So that really seems to help. Your 4 month timeline is really an inspiration. Congratulations!

That's awesome! Good luck!! And thanks :smiley:
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Options
    Bump .. Just proud want people to see :)) added a pic only half way trought once I find one from before I will repost ! (Need to look trought family members to see if they have a pic that's how much I hated to camera lol!)
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This gives me a lot of inspiration! I am 5' and started at 180.2, I am 3 weeks in, ( I weigh on Thursday so that will be 4 weeks) and am down to 171.1.. It feels good! I no longer mindlessly snack! I really think about the goals ahead of me, and I make smarter choices! I use my elliptical, and do crunches and leg lifts so far too.. I can't believe how much better I feel already! I hate cameras right now too, but hopefully not much longer! " it doesn't matter how long the journey takes, as long as you continue the journey."
    You like ok beautiful! Congratulations!
  • cmoll520
    cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started around 175 (maybe higher. On January 1 I committed to being more active. I started walking 5-6 nights a week and have averaged walking 70+ miles a month. I also calorie count. I'm now around 150 and hope to lose at least 10 more and then see where how I feel.
    vk3flhncfrtq.jpg
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Options
    slbale wrote: »
    This gives me a lot of inspiration! I am 5' and started at 180.2, I am 3 weeks in, ( I weigh on Thursday so that will be 4 weeks) and am down to 171.1.. It feels good! I no longer mindlessly snack! I really think about the goals ahead of me, and I make smarter choices! I use my elliptical, and do crunches and leg lifts so far too.. I can't believe how much better I feel already! I hate cameras right now too, but hopefully not much longer! " it doesn't matter how long the journey takes, as long as you continue the journey."
    You like ok beautiful! Congratulations!

Thank you and good luck to you! I know you will reach your goal :)
    cmoll520 wrote: »
    I'm 5'5" and started around 175 (maybe higher. On January 1 I committed to being more active. I started walking 5-6 nights a week and have averaged walking 70+ miles a month. I also calorie count. I'm now around 150 and hope to lose at least 10 more and then see where how I feel.
    vk3flhncfrtq.jpg

Wow! You look stunning!! But foremost you look so healthy you're skin is glowing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!