need a little bit of love!

Options
laybackspin93
laybackspin93 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi all, I'm having really low self esteem at the moment. I'm training seriously hard but feel like I'm absoultely huge and getting bigger by the day. I took some pictures today to try and get a proper grasp on how I look but I just see all the flaws in my body. I wanted to share some pics with you and ask you guys how you think I'm doing. Im currently 5'2 and 145lb and want to lose 20lb eventually. s7wamcm3cke4.jpg

Replies

• nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine...
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You have a nice shape and carry 145#'s on your 5'2" frame.

I think your confidence is higher than you think. You posted a honest pic of you to a community of strangers. It takes confidence to expose yourself like that.

My only suggestion is to make sure you look for things you like when you look at yourself. All too often we chose to only tell ourselves our perceived flaws. The power of our thoughts is incredible! Use it to your advantage and your confidence will skyrocket!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You have a nice shape and carry 145#'s on your 5'2" frame.

I think your confidence is higher than you think. You posted a honest pic of you to a community of strangers. It takes confidence to expose yourself like that.

My only suggestion is to make sure you look for things you like when you look at yourself. All too often we chose to only tell ourselves our perceived flaws. The power of our thoughts is incredible! Use it to your advantage and your confidence will skyrocket!

I agree with this cause I wouldn't have the guts to post a picture like you did! Btw I think you look great and can totally reach your goals.

Also it is really important to focus on the things you like - that's how I was able to recover from an eating disorder. I started focusing on my eyes when I looked in the mirror cause that was the only thing I liked and slowly I started liking more things like my arms and my shape and now I like everything. Also focus on what your body does for you. For instance mine does yoga, ballet, running and I feel awesome when I think about all the things I can do!
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 154 pounds... My goal is to look like you!
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) We are our own worst critics.
  • Cookiejo2270
    Cookiejo2270 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can't wait until I look that good again!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @thatguynick
    You look exactly like my best friend who I met through tabletop gaming. He too is a software engineer. I kept looking at your pics to make sure it wasn't him incognito. wow

OP: I think you look great and I understand how we can be hard on ourselves. I am 5'2" and 138 and I look very much like you in that pic yet when I look in the mirror, I see nothing but the flaws. For some of us, it's an ongoing process of taking care of bodies and working on our minds to treat ourselves better. I agree with the poster who said to find what you like about yourself and focus on that. It has helped me.