[support] Unbelievable. [please read]

I wish there was a third section:
1) Food Notes
2) Exercise Notes
3) Emotional notes*

*some people are emotional eaters, so there is that. But I also think we all have triggers of some sort. And, a place to put the bad of the day.

For instance, I stopped into McDonalds today to get my dad a diet raspberry tea, and myself an unsweetened tea. The canister was almost empty & I couldn't fill my cup (no big, I'll go to the counter.) but I felt it only polite to let the lady standing behind me that it was empty too, to save her some frustrations. Instead she says to me, "I'm not touching that!! THAT is part of why you look the way you look! You fat, disgusting, stupid *kitten*! My mom drank that every day of her life and died I a coronary! I hope you go through the same, you fat *kitten* piece of *kitten*!" -- and walked off. I was so stunned. :( Tea leaves, and water.... Tea... Water. I don't get it. And I went to my car and began shaking and crying uncontrollably!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2015
    People are tw*ts, end of. It's not about you, she's the one with the issue. Let it go....

And you can put notes in both the food and exercise diary.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2015
    I can honestly say if that were me, I would of hit her, I mean hauled off and hit her in her face! Childish, but an outburst like that is equally as childish. I really don't understand people......and what the hell was she doing at mcdonalds if she is scared of tea??
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Why was she at McDonald's? People are getting weirder and weirder.
  • ameirah20
    ameirah20 Posts: 49 Member
    wow! I would be stunned too, and 5 mins later have all the appropriate come backs, albeit too late. I'm sorry you had a bad day. Also, i might start carrying tea in a spray can instead of mace...
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    That is just terrible!! I so feel for you being verbally abused like that.
    It is not easy to forget being verbally attacked and made to feel terrible - but while you do dwell on it and wonder why she took her spite out on you- that poor excuse for a human is ruining your day!
    Don't let her take any more of your day.. don't think about her, put her tirade out of your mind and just focus on you as you well know you did not deserve it.

Keep doing what you are doing for you and being healthy.

You have a beautiful face from your pic and a lovely smile.. so keep positive.

Cheers, from Elle <3
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Her behaviour was completely uncalled for. She has some issues and happened to take it out on you. Sorry you had to experience that. You didn't do anything wrong and what you drink/drink is none of her business. Don't let it ruin your day.
    I have been verbally abused by a complete stranger too though it was racial and not weight related. To be honest it did bother me for a couple of days, just the shock of it I think. But I have gotten over it and you will be able to put it behind you too :)
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    *Super big hugs* There's a percentage of the population that really sucks...and it sounds like she may have issues beyond being a jerk. Don't let it get to you, you look amazing and are doing great! :)
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    OMG!!!! What in the world?!?! Look, I know she hurt you and probably scared you, but I think she's got mental problems-I mean really. No one in a sane place does that. Maybe she's off her meds? I mean she was drinking that stuff and maybe eating that stuff too. I dunno but what I do know is that YOU are worth all the steps you are taking toward health and if you can, say to yourself that what happened was merely words. Empty and unmeaning. Deflect them. Hugs!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    I would also say she probably had a day out from the mental hospital and should not be around people. Im sure u werent the only person she flipped on
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Bizarro.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    The woman is obviously a freaking nut case. Don't let someone like that determine how you feel about yourself. Be glad she walked away to save you from having to come up with a response to such a ridiculous outburst.
    Seriously. Nut case. Don't give her that kind of power over you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,042 Member
    My response: "Before I respond, do you have a diagnosed disorder that negatively affects your social interactions that I need to take into consideration?" What a douche. Real example of "I can lose weight, assholery is for life"
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Sorry you had to go through that! You are a better person for not responding to her negativity. She is obviously the one with problems not you. People these days are son disrespectful. Keep a positive attitude and know that you are doing great.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Even when I was skinny I got crazy ppl like that in my face when I worked retail. The sad truth is as a society we all think we know better and have a right to spout off whatever stupid crap we think. I had a customer once tell me due to my hair color accident that I was disgusting and a disgrace to my mother. If I didn't care about my job at the time I would have jumped over that counter and knocked her the f out! Ppl are rude and it usually because of their own insecurties in life. I know its hard but, you gotta shake it off!
  • The woman is obviously a freaking nut case. Don't let someone like that determine how you feel about yourself. Be glad she walked away to save you from having to come up with a response to such a ridiculous outburst.
    Seriously. Nut case. Don't give her that kind of power over you.

Exactly what I was thinking. She needs therapy bad!

Im sorry that happened to you!!!! *hugs!!!*

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    I think she sounds like has mental health issues. That outburst was not about you or iced tea.

Is the picture of the bloody skull at the bottom of your post related to this incident?!?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,912 Member
    I can honestly say if that were me, I would of hit her, I mean hauled off and hit her in her face! Childish, but an outburst like that is equally as childish. I really don't understand people......and what the hell was she doing at mcdonalds if she is scared of tea??
    C'mon, you'd risk ASSAULT charge because someone you don't know said some words? Be the bigger person. I would have flex my bicep and said "it's tea'd up!" and smiled.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ambalam
    ambalam Posts: 35 Member
    I work in a nursing home. One day a resident was talking about the names she's given other nurses. "Silly hat" "frozen face" were a couple of them. So I asked her well what do you call me when I'm not around? I honestly thought she'd call me weirdo or crazy, Bc I am lol. "Fat *kitten*!" she replies. Whoa! Seriously lady? I've comforted her when she's cried, took her out for extra smoke breaks. I'm super nice!

Point is, doesn't matter how nice you are to ppl, some of them are just jerks. It upset me, but I am who I am. It's just a glimpse of the ugliness they harbor inside. All you can do is thank god you're not like that. I'm still nice to her Bc, well, I feel bad for her. To feel so crappy about yourself you gotta tear down others? My fatness is a much better problem to have.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    I'm sorry you had to go through that but really the woman who behaved that way is the one with the serious problem(s). Not your fault. You just happened to be in the wrong place/wrong time. I sure hope she doesn't have kids. Yikes.
  • mekah527
    mekah527 Posts: 3 Member
    Completely uncalled for! Clearly unstable! Your beautiful and you were trying to make a healthy selection...people are unbelievable sometimes.