Busy Mom's 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• lysaiah
    lysaiah Posts: 1
    Options
    Starting today! Very excited. Will use the pacer and Breeze apps to track steps. Anyone with experience?
  • kathleenisrael1
    kathleenisrael1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Good job, Kathleen! I hit 10,433. Now to work on keeping my eating on track!

Me too! My calories haven't been too bad but it's mostly junk.
  • kathleenisrael1
    kathleenisrael1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lysaiah wrote: »
    Starting today! Very excited. Will use the pacer and Breeze apps to track steps. Anyone with experience?

I use breeze and I love it!
    I have played around with it to see how sensitive it is and it is pretty bang on for counting steps and not other movements like shaking your phone.
    It is also great for sending little motivational updates that help keep me on track :)
  • juliebirdmad
    juliebirdmad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Julie
    I'm in. I'm 48, work full-time and have 3 children plus a newborn grandson at home. I feel so exhausted at the end of the day, I can't find the motivation to exercise. Hopefully, this will be the kick-start I need!
  • PinkyPie77
    PinkyPie77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join in, I'm Allie, am 38 and work full time, I have one daughter, the husband and some cats!
    I use a fitbit but have no idea how to add people!! Am desperate to build my energy and lose weight, have always been overweight but have put more on since stopping smoking at new year!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! It's so great to see you all!

I did 9200 steps yesterday...totally running out of steam, but today is a new day!

Jill
  • PinkyPie77
    Options
    My steps were rubbish yesterday but I forgive myself because I swam loads so it all adds up!! This afternoon we are off for a long walk, providing it doesn't pour down with rain!! So my total steps today should be much brighter!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    12,481 steps yesterday, and already hit 4,000 steps at work today.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    1/4 11383 steps
    2/4 5830 steps
    3/4 3137 steps
    Holiday mode messing with my steps. Fingers crossed for today.
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to join! My name is Teri. I'm married and have two awesome children 5 and 8. I'm a 2nd grade teacher. I just got a fitbit charge hr yesterday and am really excited to see how this motivates me! A colleague had has already challenged me! Please add me if you'd like! teachmama79@yahoo.com
    :smiley:
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    10156 for me yesterday. Helping my grandparents move today so I shouldn't have any trouble meeting the goal today.
  • PinkyPie77
    Options
    How do we add each other on Fitbit?
  • PinkyPie77
    Options
    42mgija4k2kj.jpg
    Here's today's efforts, I guess a few more will be added on before bed but am happy!
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ok today was good. Its a gradual process.7006 steps in the bag.
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    PinkyPie77 wrote: »

The only way I have figured to to it (I use my phone most of the time) is through email. Go to the friends tab and click the add button then email. Feel free to add me

teachmama79@yahoo.com

Today was my first full day itch my Fitbit Charge HR! As of 5:00 I have done 19,631 steps! Im sure it's just my beginner excitedness! A colleague of mine already found me and challenged me. He's extreme competitive. It will either motivate me or extremely p*ss me off, lol!
  • nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm all in! This is perfect for me since I hate exercising
  • lisyg3737
    lisyg3737 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's total was 12,888. Lots of shopping helped with that.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My total step count for yesterday was 16,422 (7.3 miles).
  • string57
    string57 Posts: 1
    Options
    You guys are all doing great I'm starting this challenge today bought a Fitbit and I'm ready to take this seriously.
  • PinkyPie77
    Options
    PinkyPie77 wrote: »

The only way I have figured to to it (I use my phone most of the time) is through email. Go to the friends tab and click the add button then email. Feel free to add me

teachmama79@yahoo.com

Today was my first full day itch my Fitbit Charge HR! As of 5:00 I have done 19,631 steps! Im sure it's just my beginner excitedness! A colleague of mine already found me and challenged me. He's extreme competitive. It will either motivate me or extremely p*ss me off, lol!

Thanks!! Will try adding now! And wow, that's an awesome amount of steps!! So far today I have done 8057, mostly thanks to the Easter egg hunt this morning lol! I will hit 10000 before bed!!