I let myself give up to easily

Options
It's very frustrating, this mentality that I have developed over my life time of giving up to start all over again. I have never been able to lose all the weight I want because I just keep giving up. This cycle I keep putting myself through is so exhausting and I'm over it. I can't allow life to get in the way of what I want out of it. I'm the only one who can push myself through this barrier I've built.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't "start over" .....just continue. I've had this mentality over the years too. Your goal should not be perfection....your goal should be progress. No one has to be perfect to lose weight.

It's okay to screw up once in awhile. Dust yourself off.......and continue.

Think about it like this....losing weight and keeping it off should be a lifestyle change. Keeping weight off is not going to be a temporary (short term) thing. Life happens....this means birthday cakes, Easter candy...whatever. We just need to make more good decisions than bad ones and we'll get there (eventually).
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to keep going. A set back is just a set back it should not be a stopping point. Also maybe easing up a little, making this a more realistic mission. You do not have to be eating at a perfect defecit and exercising every day from the get go. This is a life change not a crash course.

But I completely get what you are saying. Change is torture.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at the big picture, set goals in small increments. Make your first goal simply to lose 5-10lbs. Once you reach that goal, do something to celebrate and then set another. That way you aren't looking at a big daunting number that seems so far away.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just keep going.
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Just keep going.

I read that as "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."!
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    "Don't "start over" .....just continue" I love this and live by it now. It is so much more relaxing than the all or nothing attitude.