I need help?

Options
I guess I was too late on this mentor noob thing lol. I'm trying to find someone who will help me and keep me motivated. I drop weight relatively fast I just need someone who will tell me it's NOT okay to eat that sweet. My dad used to be a huge fitness junkie and whenever he tells me it's okay to eat at least one junk think a day in moderation I guess I use it as an excuse to do it.

Replies

• 4keaton
    4keaton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Huge sweet tooth & have made excuses for one cookie or one piece of cake my entire life. I'm a newbie myself, but support never hurts.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    oEmPxeSs wrote: »
    I guess I was too late on this mentor noob thing lol. I'm trying to find someone who will help me and keep me motivated. I drop weight relatively fast I just need someone who will tell me it's NOT okay to eat that sweet. My dad used to be a huge fitness junkie and whenever he tells me it's okay to eat at least one junk think a day in moderation I guess I use it as an excuse to do it.

It is okay. I just finished a bowl of gelato, and I'm still about 250 calories under for the day. Don't go overboard with the treats, obviously, as weight loss comes down to CICO. Focus on nutrition first and foremost, but don't deprive yourself of something sweet if you really want it, as that can lead to bingeing.
  • mthaxter
    mthaxter Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey oEmPxeSs, I agree with malibu927. I go by the same rules. If I deprive myself I know I will eventually binge and will be worse off. Try and stick to or focus on nutrition. I just joined myself so encouragement is always welcome.
  • dvsiinofx
    dvsiinofx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i found eating dark choclate 85% cocoa didnt add to my wieght...that was my release for a sugar fix!!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with dvsiinofx, I eat dark chocolate everyday after a meal. This is my way of cutting out unnecessary sugar while getting a sweet treat!